Ripper Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Last night's episode was another good one,,,there seem to be no "bad" episodes as there often are in any series, at least not so far, and I like the way they bring in the customs, entertainments, fads and scams of the period. Last night was about seances.

In a way, this series reminds me of The Artful Detective, but far more gritty and realistic, and it certainly doesn't huert that the main actor is the sell sword for Tyrion Lannister on Game of Thrones!
    Good series. You can see more of Game of Thrones crew there: Jorah Mormont, Barristan Selmy, Roose Bolton.. even Hodor !
    Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
      Good series. You can see more of Game of Thrones crew there: Jorah Mormont, Barristan Selmy, Roose Bolton.. even Hodor !
      Produced by the same guy that did Hell On Wheels...hence the familiar theme music.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

What I love most about Ripper Street is the dialect.

Pattern of speech .. syntax.

Totally authentic and I know it has proved difficult for some to follow (even here in the UK) so hugely impressed that our American cousins,have not only embraced this series, but don't see the dialogue as an issue.

it's an absolute cracking series .. and I can only ask .. have you also seen PEAKY BLINDERS?

You might struggle a bit with the accents .. but the content is as authentic and gritty as Ripper Street.

x
        Last edited by Tuck's Luck; 13 Jun 15, 17:45.
        "COOMMAAAAAAANNNNDOOOO!!!!!"
        - Mad Jack Churchill.

Comment

Peaky Blinders is awesome, one of the best programmes the BBC has produced, up there with Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

Comment

Ok, wife and I finally got to start watching Ripper Street. It is incredibly good (two episodes in). We're hooked. Hope it stays on netflix long enough to get close to being caught up.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Spoiler Alert

Just watched the last episode........

This is one series I will definitely buy .

Edit: Just read that they are going to make 2 more series. Hope they don't screw it up.
              Last edited by Nick the Noodle; 13 Jul 15, 13:38.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

2 episodes into Season 3. Quite riveting. Season 1 had standalone cases with a subtle developing background plot. Season 2 intensified the background plot and linked cases. Season 3 is looking like one supercase completely interwoven with the plot.

Well done.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Finished up the two seasons on Netflix. Damned good, very entertaining.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by BossHogg View Post
                    Peaky Blinders is awesome, one of the best programmes the BBC has produced, up there with Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.
                    Agree with Peaky Blinders. Superb show. I totally agree what it is up there with Life on Mars. The BBC is totally underrated by the many who want them slapped down a peg.

Though I must turn my nose up at Ashes to Ashes. Love it for Gene but other than that it was a cheap way of hanging on to a character that had no where else to go. As if he would go south!

Comment

S'funny! I'm from the East-End and I can't stand it.

Paul
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse