Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What we do in life echoes in eternity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we do in life echoes in eternity...

My lad's about to get filled in by General Maximus in person! He twittered (gets his brayns from his muvver) about watching 'Water Diviner' on a snide dvd before it came on the flics. Russell Crowe tweeted back he was single handedly ruining the Hollyweird film industry watching pirate copies of his masterpiece. The lad told him to stop play acting and get a proper job... I told him that if a Roman Legion turns up in darkest Dinnington and unleashes hell, on his new pal Russ's signal, he'd got nobody but himself to blame.

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
    My lad's about to get filled in by General Maximus in person! He twittered (gets his brayns from his muvver) about watching 'Water Diviner' on a snide dvd before it came on the flics. Russell Crowe tweeted back he was single handedly ruining the Hollyweird film industry watching pirate copies of his masterpiece. The lad told him to stop play acting and get a proper job... I told him that if a Roman Legion turns up in darkest Dinnington and unleashes hell, on his new pal Russ's signal, he'd got nobody but himself to blame.

"The film opens in 1919, after the end of World War I. Joshua Connor (Russell Crowe) is an Australian farmer, and water diviner. He is shown locating and digging a well. When he returns home after his exertions, his wife Eliza (Jacqueline McKenzie) discloses that his three sons Art, Edward ( James Fraser) and Henry (Ben O'Toole) left for war to serve with the ANZACs at the Battle of Gallipoli 5 years previously and have not returned."

Your post intrigued me about the movie so I went to Wikipedia and read the above. How long has he been away digging this well that he would not have known his sons had gone off to war?! That must be one hell of a well!

It won the AACTA award for best picture (sharing with The Babadook). Probably because Russ threatened to punch out the voters.

Comment

That is one of the dumbest back stories I have heard.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

MM, trust me on this, it's a brilliant film. Go and see it on the big screen,
        if you still think it's crap, I'll send you the cost of the ticket...

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X