X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Sure, Star Trek did a good run in it various editions. Next Gen., DS9, ect...

This is going to be only six episodes.
    I suspect that this might be a trial run to see if there is a market for a revival of the series.

The Smoking Man is dead, last I heard, so he will have to be replaced, and it will be difficult in a 21st century culture that prohibits smoking in all Federal buildings and most public venues.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Any word on who will play Supervisory Agent Skinner?
    Mitch Pileggi will be reprising his role. Also, smoking man will apparently be coming back. All they need now is to resurrect the Lone Gunmen and Alex Kryczek.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/%E2...deo/ar-AAajnQv

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Sure, Star Trek did a good run in it various editions. Next Gen., DS9, ect...

This is going to be only six episodes.

Leave a comment:

• grishnak
    replied
    Dr Who,Star Trek and 24.

Leave a comment:

• Berg787
    replied
    Has there every been a show that made a successful comeback like the X-Files will be hoping to do?

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I think the original actor was killed off on Sons of Anarchy. He might be available.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Any word on who will play Supervisory Agent Skinner?

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Nope...you're wrong, as usual.

No point in being on the internet if you don't use it to look things up.
    Oh, okay then. So X-Files IS the longest running sci-fi show in the US then by your logic.

Me thinks you've got something terribly backwards with this...

Leave a comment:

• Sergio
    replied
    Really enjoyed some of the X Files when it was on, but it got far too convoluted over time with its overall plot. Generally the best episodes seemed to be the more individual stories - the monster of the week type.
    Last edited by Sergio; 26 Mar 15, 05:42.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    So, I'm still right? X-Files isn't the longest running sci fi show in the US? I merely pointed out that a contemporary has a longer run. The Outer Limits had more episodes than the X-Files as well.

So, yeah, I'm still right. As usual.
    Nope...you're wrong, as usual.

No point in being on the internet if you don't use it to look things up.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dano View Post
    The alien stories kind made it boring. If they just focused on the wierd stuff I would have kept watching.

It is the same way with Fringe. It got exessive with the two different world junk
    I agree with you in both cases, but a lot of people really are addicted to the UFO/aliens thing. Take a look at the number of programs on the DISH and their ratings.

Leave a comment:

• grishnak
    replied
    Big fan of the show,more so the early shows ,looking forwards to this.Though I do have doubts of its chance of success.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Yes, you certainly should "fix that error", because you are waaaay off the mark. The current record holder for an American Sci-Fi series has1110 episodes...

5 Seasons. 1110 Episodes.
    So, I'm still right? X-Files isn't the longest running sci fi show in the US? I merely pointed out that a contemporary has a longer run. The Outer Limits had more episodes than the X-Files as well.

So, yeah, I'm still right. As usual.

Leave a comment:

• Dano
    replied
    The alien stories kind made it boring. If they just focused on the wierd stuff I would have kept watching.

It is the same way with Fringe. It got exessive with the two different world junk

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    Meh. It kinda of died for me during it's first run. Too much handwavium to stomach, too much unresearched material. Hopefully this next one will be better.

BTW, the link claims that the X-Files was the longest-running sci-fi series in the US. It had 202 episodes. Stargate SG-1 had 214. They should fix that error.
    Yes, you certainly should "fix that error", because you are waaaay off the mark. The current record holder for an American Sci-Fi series has1110 episodes...

5 Seasons. 1110 Episodes.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X