X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Files to return.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32035562

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Will the stories be worth watching? The decline in quality over the years was noticeable. I really liked Gillian Anderson, but David Duchovny must need the money bad to go back.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Meh. It kinda of died for me during it's first run. Too much handwavium to stomach, too much unresearched material. Hopefully this next one will be better.

BTW, the link claims that the X-Files was the longest-running sci-fi series in the US. It had 202 episodes. Stargate SG-1 had 214. They should fix that error.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Outstanding! I doubt they could do it without both Scully and Mulder in their former roles. Wonder who will take the part of the FBI Deputy Director who was their direct supervisor? And will the Lone Gunmen make a return as well?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          Meh. It kinda of died for me during it's first run. Too much handwavium to stomach, too much unresearched material. Hopefully this next one will be better.

BTW, the link claims that the X-Files was the longest-running sci-fi series in the US. It had 202 episodes. Stargate SG-1 had 214. They should fix that error.
          Yes, you certainly should "fix that error", because you are waaaay off the mark. The current record holder for an American Sci-Fi series has1110 episodes...

5 Seasons. 1110 Episodes.

Comment

The alien stories kind made it boring. If they just focused on the wierd stuff I would have kept watching.

It is the same way with Fringe. It got exessive with the two different world junk
            Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Yes, you certainly should "fix that error", because you are waaaay off the mark. The current record holder for an American Sci-Fi series has1110 episodes...

5 Seasons. 1110 Episodes.
              So, I'm still right? X-Files isn't the longest running sci fi show in the US? I merely pointed out that a contemporary has a longer run. The Outer Limits had more episodes than the X-Files as well.

So, yeah, I'm still right. As usual.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Big fan of the show,more so the early shows ,looking forwards to this.Though I do have doubts of its chance of success.
                Wack tac mac hey.
                Regards.
                Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
                  The alien stories kind made it boring. If they just focused on the wierd stuff I would have kept watching.

It is the same way with Fringe. It got exessive with the two different world junk
                  I agree with you in both cases, but a lot of people really are addicted to the UFO/aliens thing. Take a look at the number of programs on the DISH and their ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    So, I'm still right? X-Files isn't the longest running sci fi show in the US? I merely pointed out that a contemporary has a longer run. The Outer Limits had more episodes than the X-Files as well.

So, yeah, I'm still right. As usual.
                    Nope...you're wrong, as usual.

No point in being on the internet if you don't use it to look things up.

Comment

Really enjoyed some of the X Files when it was on, but it got far too convoluted over time with its overall plot. Generally the best episodes seemed to be the more individual stories - the monster of the week type.
                      Last edited by Sergio; 26 Mar 15, 05:42.
                      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Nope...you're wrong, as usual.

No point in being on the internet if you don't use it to look things up.
                        Oh, okay then. So X-Files IS the longest running sci-fi show in the US then by your logic.

Me thinks you've got something terribly backwards with this...

Comment

Any word on who will play Supervisory Agent Skinner?

Comment

I think the original actor was killed off on Sons of Anarchy. He might be available.

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Has there every been a show that made a successful comeback like the X-Files will be hoping to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X