Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fantastic Four - movie

Fantastic Four movie
    Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 08 Feb 05, 15:26.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

"It's clobberin' time!"

The Thing, one of my all time favorite characters. One of the first that I recognized as a superhero with failings. More human than human.

The Fantastic Four brought an element to comics I could not get from the likes of Archie and Friends, and which were overshadowed by the themes in Sgt. Rock, Ghost Tank, Captain America, and others. The struggle for internal humanity. They had short tempers. They struggled with their superpowers, and living life. They fought and bickerd with each other. And Dr. Doom was one of the scariest evildoers I ever saw in a comic.
    Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

The Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Captain America (after Bucky was killed)...All stuggled with the kind of angst that Batman was supposed to. Marvel seemed to capture the human element better than DC, especially back in the '60s.

Agreed on Ben Grimm...the ever-lovin' Thing! The old cartoons were entertaining too!
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

((((feeling old))))

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
          ((((feeling old))))
          Adults discussing comic book characters...can't be old!
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor
            Adults discussing comic book characters...can't be old!
            Definitely not. It is so much about attitude.

But going back 40 years... Never thought I would ever get to that point.

Comment

After the makers saw "The Incredibles" they decided to redo the ending of the film.
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Are you old enough to remember the OLD Marvel cartoons (mid-1960s)?...Submariner, Capt. America, Hulk and Thor. The animation was vey primative, but the stories were pretty well done.

Comment

Are you old enough to remember the OLD Marvel cartoons (mid-1960s)?...Submariner, Capt. America, Hulk and Thor. The animation was vey primative, but the stories were pretty well done.
                  Very stylized. They used a lot of camera pans and rotations to simulate movement, requiring fewer frames to be drawn. I actually like Submariner, he was kind of an anti-hero. He was a good guy, defending his realm, against human incursion.

Away from superheroes, but, do you remember Clutch Cargo, Beenie and Cecil, Diver Dan,...?

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
                    Very stylized. They used a lot of camera pans and rotations to simulate movement, requiring fewer frames to be drawn. I actually like Submariner, he was kind of an anti-hero. He was a good guy, defending his realm, against human incursion.

Away from superheroes, but, do you remember Clutch Cargo, Beenie and Cecil, Diver Dan,...?
                    I thought I just IMAGINED Diver Dan...A hard-hat diver behind a fish tank! Clutch Cargo (was the dog Spinner or Paddlefoot?)...I can still see those creepy lips moving...didn't the same guy do Space Angel?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno

Hey, who's the actress playing Sue Storm (Invisible Girl/Woman)?
                      "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

Originally posted by Bariman
                        If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Jessica Alba, from the "Dark Angel" show

The trailer seems interesting, but you know how trailers can be deceiving
                        JERRY:Vomitting is not a deal breaker. If Hitler had vomitted on Chamberlain, Chamberlain still would have given him Czechoslovakia.

GEORGE:Chamberlain...you could hold his head in the toilet, he'd still give you half of Europe

"Seinfeld"

Comment

Originally posted by Bariman
                          You can't have her she's mine.
                          All warfare is based on deception.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                            You can't have her she's mine.

Yeah but I'm older so there!
                            "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

I thought I just IMAGINED Diver Dan...A hard-hat diver behind a fish tank! Clutch Cargo (was the dog Spinner or Paddlefoot?)...I can still see those creepy lips moving...didn't the same guy do Space Angel?
                              Diver Dan was for real. I really liked the "bad guy" barracuda.

I don;t remember the dog's name, but yes, those lips were creepy. I do not recall Space Angel.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X