Movie Goofups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Overseer
    Historical inaccuracies are one thing, wardrobe and prop inaccuracies are fine too (that includes using some US tank as a german tank),That's just bad editting.
    Overseer opened the door and I get to start a thread-head exposition on Hollywood bloopers.....

1. Sand painted German (M48) tank runs over a Panzer grenadier in "Patton....."

2. Grey painted German (M47) tanks attacking through a forest in "Battle of the Bulge", but also with this movie. The open sunny (dry with no snow) plains of Spain where the big fight scene was filmed.

3. All the different Visually mdoified tanks (German ones) in the "Band of Brothers" series.
    Kevin Kenneally
    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally
      Overseer opened the door and I get to start a thread-head exposition on Hollywood bloopers.....

This was a WOW! at the time, and the ultimate example of a shot "gone wrong" but kept in the movie. Back-engineering this sequence, you can tell that what probably was SUPPOSED to happen was this:
      The soldier was rehearsed to stop in front of the "pit" camera, load a round, then charge forward as the tank behind him rolled up and over the camera in a standard dramatic "pit" shot.

But he misjudged the speed of the M48 creeping up behind him and got bowled over. This lucky SOB (as Patton would say) slipped between the treads and survived. The director chose to cut away to the overhead-boom shot of this sequence as it turned out more exciting than the planned pit shot. Everyone involved filming this action crapped their pants (as Patton would say); guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally

2. Grey painted German (M47) tanks attacking through a forest in "Battle of the Bulge", but also with this movie. The open sunny (dry with no snow) plains of Spain where the big fight scene was filmed.

3. All the different Visually mdoified tanks (German ones) in the "Band of Brothers" series.
        right on! but did these movie goofups cause you to halt your suspension of disbelief? I think that depends on one's grog-quotient.
        The BoB tanks did not bother me...at least they made a serious attempt to make them appear as German vehicles. The scenes in BotB with sunny skies and no snow were weak (where's the U.S. Air Force?).
        All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X