Halo movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo movie

01:21 AM, 04-FEBRUARY-05 (from Sci Fi Wire)

Microsoft Develops Halo Film

Microsoft hired screenwriter Alex Garland (28 Days Later) to script a feature-film version of its best-selling video-game franchise Halo, to be presented as a complete package, Variety reported.

This strategy is the handiwork of ex-Columbia Pictures president Peter Schlessel, who quit the studio to become a producer just over a two years ago. He is expected to serve as a producer in some capacity on the Halo film, the trade paper reported.

The Halo franchise is one of the most popular in video-game history, having sold more than 12.8 million units and grossed approximately $600 million since its 2001 debut. Last year, Halo 2 sold 6.4 million copies and was the second-best-selling video game of the year.

The plot of Halo centers on a warrior soldier known only as "Master Chief" who battles a group of alien religious zealots who believe one of their most sacred artifacts is located on Earth.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Do WHAT?
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Why......?
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I heard this when the first Halo came out as well. On the same note, when Return to Castle Wolfenstien came out and took off a screenplay as I believe they are called was written. It was rumored as well that Kurt Russell was coined to play BJ Blascowitz (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno

Microsoft hired screenwriter Alex Garland (28 Days Later) to script a feature-film version of its best-selling video-game franchise Halo, to be presented as a complete package, Variety reported.

This strategy is the handiwork of ex-Columbia Pictures president Peter Schlessel, who quit the studio to become a producer just over a two years ago. He is expected to serve as a producer in some capacity on the Halo film, the trade paper reported.

The Halo franchise is one of the most popular in video-game history, having sold more than 12.8 million units and grossed approximately $600 million since its 2001 debut. Last year, Halo 2 sold 6.4 million copies and was the second-best-selling video game of the year.

The plot of Halo centers on a warrior soldier known only as "Master Chief" who battles a group of alien religious zealots who believe one of their most sacred artifacts is located on Earth.
          WAHOOOO YES YES YES YES YES YES YES (Please don't turn into Resident evil apocalypse) My dreams come true my life is complete. (Now if only I could get an x-box and buy Halo2)
          All warfare is based on deception.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno

28-days later was a well crafted movie. If the screenwriter does good twice then i'll be happy.

Otherwise it'll suck and take away from halo.
            OMG! TEH LINK IN TEH SIG!!! d000000d!!!!1111
            ^ The Ninja Zombies with Jetpacks Forums

Comment

Originally posted by MomoJak00
              28-days later was a well crafted movie. If the screenwriter does good twice then i'll be happy.

Otherwise it'll suck and take away from halo.
              But how much of that was Danny Boyle and how much the writer?
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

So is Master Chief going to get attacked by Zombies?

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                  But how much of that was Danny Boyle and how much the writer?
                  Good point.

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl
                  So is Master Chief going to get attacked by Zombies?
                  Depends if they get jetpacks or energy swords!
                  OMG! TEH LINK IN TEH SIG!!! d000000d!!!!1111
                  ^ The Ninja Zombies with Jetpacks Forums

Comment

I sorta hope it will fail. Supress all of the undeserved hype that Halo 2 recieved ...

Whats so good about Halo again?
                    Last edited by gobeavs; 07 Feb 05, 00:54.
                    "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
                    - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
                    - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gobeavs
                      I sorta hope it will fail. Supress all of the underserved hype that Halo 2 recieved ...

Whats so good about Halo again?
                      I can almost promise it'll be a bad movie.

It'll be over the top horrid CGI special effects at the least.

Comment

Yeah People just ought to buy the Red vs Blue DVD's and whach them back to back

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl
                          Yeah People just ought to buy the Red vs Blue DVD's and whach them back to back
                          Do you know where I could buy them?
                          All warfare is based on deception.

Comment

http://www.redvsblue.com/estore_dvds.shtml

Comment

well there goes the game as we know it.
                              Colonel,
                              night-time security leader,
                              Dr. Sinister's Secret Island Base

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse