No announcement yet.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good, but it's a mess. I can't say it was as good as the first one, but I did enjoy it. I just didn't get that feeling of a roller-coaster ride this time around though.

Ultron was pretty meh. Not the villain I was hoping for, and definitely not in the same league as Loki. He spent too much time being unthreatening and trying too hard to be likable.

Sigh, Whedon kills off another important character again (and I hope they bring him back just to spite him like they did with Cohlson--kinda had enough of Whedon now, time for him to disappear for a while).

Sorry, but I don't think it set up Civil War well at all, everyone parted ways as good friends (well, except the one that just parted ways without a goodbye). Guess it's up to Agents of SHIELD to...oh wait, that show doesn't actually tie into the MCU at all anymore. Time to contrive something at the beginning of Civil War and make us believe it was coming all along.

The mid credits scene was too short, and didn't do well to show off the can of whoop as that I know is coming. But, that's three years down the road now, time enough to build it up. I think it was just added to again remind everyone who the main bad guy really is, just in case we forgot.

Ok...

The action was great. The acting was great. The story was ok, just not intense enough. It was a good movie, just wish it was better, and I'm talking about better than the original better--which, to me, is still the greatest movie ever made.

Yeah, go see it. It's worth it, it's enjoyable and it's still a good super-hero flick.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
      Sorry, but I don't think it set up Civil War well at all, everyone parted ways as good friends (well, except the one that just parted ways without a goodbye).
      The genesis of the Civil War is the government decides there are far too many super powered guys and gals running around and legislates a Super Powered Registration Act. An entire city being scooped up out of the ground and destroyed would be a fine excuse for such legislation. Then consider Stark's dream, where most of the heroes are lying around dead and Cap says "you could have saved us." That dream sequence had nothing to do with Ultron. At least that is how I saw it.

As for the Civil War Cap sides against the registration act while Stark sides for it. Sides are chosen and the heroes square off. Personally I think they have been laying the ground work for the inevitable fight between Cap and Iron Man since the first Avengers movie.

"Put on the suit."

Cap and Iron Man actually trade a few blows in this film.

The mid credits scene was too short, and didn't do well to show off the can of whoop ass that I know is coming. But, that's three years down the road now, time enough to build it up. I think it was just added to again remind everyone who the main bad guy really is, just in case we forgot.
      Yeah, I agree. The mid-credit scene was uninspired and didn't seem to fit. It implied Thanos either knew of or had some influence on the Ultron event, and when that went bad then he decided if you want to do a job right you have to do it yourself. I think my suggestion would have worked better...

Comment

Interesting read:

12 times 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' revealed future Marvel movie plots

In the wake of “Captain America: The Winter Solider,” HitFix speculated on future Marvel movies based on the information in the film. Some of those educated guesses have come to pass, some are still up in the air, and none of them have been proven (completely) false.

Buoyed by this, I’m taking the plunge again with “Avengers: Age of Ultron” because by golly this movie was PACKED with future story threads just waiting to be followed down the rabbit hole of comic book lore.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/12-times-...180000396.html

On another note, according to Box Office Mojo to date Avengers AoU has made over 424 million dollars worldwide, and that is through May 1st only.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
          The genesis of the Civil War is the government decides there are far too many super powered guys and gals running around and legislates a Super Powered Registration Act. An entire city being scooped up out of the ground and destroyed would be a fine excuse for such legislation. Then consider Stark's dream, where most of the heroes are lying around dead and Cap says "you could have saved us." That dream sequence had nothing to do with Ultron. At least that is how I saw it.
          I am all familiar with the original Civil War storyline, but thank you for the update. Stark's dream sequence, to me, was more about being tricked into creating Ultron as I saw it.

As for the Civil War Cap sides against the registration act while Stark sides for it. Sides are chosen and the heroes square off. Personally I think they have been laying the ground work for the inevitable fight between Cap and Iron Man since the first Avengers movie.
          Again, I do know the original storyline. And I do agree that the tension was there, but at the end of this movie...I didn't see any tension at all. They'll have to build it up at the beginning of the next Cap movie.

"Put on the suit."

Cap and Iron Man actually trade a few blows in this film.
          Which was great, but didn't seem to stick by the end of the movie.

Yeah, I agree. The mid-credit scene was uninspired and didn't seem to fit. It implied Thanos either knew of or had some influence on the Ultron event, and when that went bad then he decided if you want to do a job right you have to do it yourself. I think my suggestion would have worked better...
          Well, he obviously knew what Loki's scepter could and would do, so he shouldn't be all " well, I'll just go to Earth and claim that stone myself", because he's the one that sent it there. So, by my thinking, he's been behind all the chaos on Earth in order to eliminate it or take it out of the picture for whatever reason he has. Since plan A didn't work, time for plan B, which means he gets his own hands dirty.

Which is really damned cool.

But, the mid-scene credit should have had a bit more depth to it. But, we still have Infinity War 1 and 2 coming up regardless, and at least Thor: Ragnarok and another GotG to help lead into it.

Even though this new Avengers isn't my favorite of the MCU movies, it's still good and the entire project is still really damned exciting.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
            Interesting read:

12 times 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' revealed future Marvel movie plots

In the wake of “Captain America: The Winter Solider,” HitFix speculated on future Marvel movies based on the information in the film. Some of those educated guesses have come to pass, some are still up in the air, and none of them have been proven (completely) false.

Buoyed by this, I’m taking the plunge again with “Avengers: Age of Ultron” because by golly this movie was PACKED with future story threads just waiting to be followed down the rabbit hole of comic book lore.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/12-times-...180000396.html

On another note, according to Box Office Mojo to date Avengers AoU has made over 424 million dollars worldwide, and that is through May 1st only.
            MCU has pretty much given Disney the go ahead to just print their own money. Now, throw Star Wars into that. I can't come to grips with that amount of scratch. I really can't.

Comment

Nerdist news- cut scenes.

Spoilers...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The Onion Reviews 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

http://www.theonion.com/video/the-on...f-ultron-38524

Comment

According to Box Office Mojo, as of May 18th Avengers Age of Ultron has raked in a total gross of:

$1,145,966,255

The US portion of that is a mere $375,466,255. Go us...

This film was at one time predicted to eventually reach the two billion mark. With the level of ho-hum response it is getting, that probably won't happen. 1.5 billion I guess.

Comment

It's good, but it's a mess. I can't say it was as good as the first one, but I did enjoy it. I just didn't get that feeling of a roller-coaster ride this time around though.

Ultron was pretty meh. Not the villain I was hoping for, and definitely not in the same league as Loki. He spent too much time being unthreatening and trying too hard to be likable.

Sigh, Whedon kills off another important character again (and I hope they bring him back just to spite him like they did with Cohlson--kinda had enough of Whedon now, time for him to disappear for a while).

Sorry, but I don't think it set up Civil War well at all, everyone parted ways as good friends (well, except the one that just parted ways without a goodbye). Guess it's up to Agents of SHIELD to...oh wait, that show doesn't actually tie into the MCU at all anymore. Time to contrive something at the beginning of Civil War and make us believe it was coming all along.

The mid credits scene was too short, and didn't do well to show off the can of whoop as that I know is coming. But, that's three years down the road now, time enough to build it up. I think it was just added to again remind everyone who the main bad guy really is, just in case we forgot.

Ok...

The action was great. The acting was great. The story was ok, just not intense enough. It was a good movie, just wish it was better, and I'm talking about better than the original better--which, to me, is still the greatest movie ever made.

Yeah, go see it. It's worth it, it's enjoyable and it's still a good super-hero flick.
                    I pretty much agree with the comment.

I went to see it earlier this week. I think the first movie was better. The Age of Ultron is still worth seeing at a movie theatre.

Looking forward to see Spidey show up at some time...

Comment

I understand some may not like this particular series of videos, but I thought this one humorous. At least worthy of a re-post.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X