• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotham.

Airs tonight.

Do you plan on watching it?
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Dick Tracy remake.

There are a number of new shows with actual intelligent content. This is not one of them.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It was ok. Two main characters are well-done. Not sure if I'll keep up with it, as I think it would have been better to do an actual Batman series instead of a pre-Batman with all of his villains anyway.

And they should leave Bruce Wane completely out of it from now on. It's either a Batman show or it's not--they can't have it both ways.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I have it on DVR, as I do Forever. I think that one is probably better than the critics say it is.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Without the Batman this is just another cop show. Not that it will be bad, but still. And I'm concerned about the timeslot. ABC did Agents of SHEILD no favors by putting up against NCIS.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
            I have it on DVR, as I do Forever. I think that one is probably better than the critics say it is.
            I found Forever interesting, but I felt it wasn't taken far enough, almost as though the producers were afraid to step outside the box.

Comment

Hopefully it'll get better. I like Ben McKenzie from SouthLAnd and Donal Logue, but some of the dialogue and acting felt forced.

The guy playing The Penguin was good. I'll watch it until I get annoyed. The boy playing a Bruce Wayne looks annoying.

Comment

Well, I think it will do fine without Bruce Wayne, except for the occasional mention. This is supposed to be Gotham before Batman, so, even though he's just a kid, drop the Batman angle and concentrate on Gordon and company.

Also, I hope they do not do some of the villain's backstory. Especially the Joker. With Batman, there is no Joker, so don't contrive something just for ratings.

Eh, well, that last sentence was wishful thinking...
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Well...Pax likes Gotham so I'll be watching it anyway.

Comment

Well... That was a surprise. (Tonight's episode.)

They sure cleaned up the cast.

Your fired comes to mind...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I've gotten to like it for the most part. Jada Smith probably plays the best part.

The primary attraction is the Machiavellian maneuverings by all of the characters.

Currently, young Bruce Wayne is about to discover his father's secret.

Comment

Just speculation, but I don't think we've seen the last of Fish.

But yeah I'm liking it. Though sometimes its a bit dark for me...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

And for me, too. I often watch it after it's recorded so that I can zip through the really dark spots.

It's a far cry from Batman.

Comment

It is a good series. The Bruce Wayne inclusion ended up being better than I thought. A couple of the characters I cannot stand, and hope they stay gone (Fish, Barbara), but overall, I enjoyed it. Can't really believe it was just one season so far, felt like A LOT happened in just 22 episodes. Will be looking forward to next season with much interest.

Comment

Originally posted by spongeaerie
                              I agree with you, it is a good series. I also cannot stand the Fish, acting is way over the top.
                              Well, I like Jada Smith, but I just didn't like the character. Maybe it was her acting, maybe it was just the story. But she seemed like the third wheel, almost completely unnecessary; and her fate seemed sealed from the very first episode. She also came off as a child playing with adults, way over her head.

But that's that. I'm looking forward to the next season to see what happens. Good stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X