No announcement yet.

This looks like an interesting movie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like an interesting movie...

Constantine, with Keanu Reeves.

Born with a gift he didn’t want, the ability to clearly recognize the half-breed angels and demons that walk the earth in human skin, Constantine (KEANU REEVES) was driven to take his own life to escape the tormenting clarity of his vision. But he failed. Resuscitated against his will, he found himself cast back into the land of the living. Now, marked as an attempted suicide with a temporary lease on life, he patrols the earthly border between heaven and hell, hoping in vain to earn his way to salvation by sending the devil’s foot soldiers back to the depths.

But Constantine is no saint. Disillusioned by the world around him and at odds with the one beyond, he’s a hard-drinking, hard-living bitter hero who scorns the very idea of heroism. Constantine will fight to save your soul but he doesn’t want your admiration or your thanks – and certainly not your sympathy.

All he wants is a reprieve.

When a desperate but skeptical police detective (RACHEL WEISZ as Angela Dodson) enlists his help in solving the mysterious death of her beloved twin sister (also played by Weisz), their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

Description is indeed interesting.

Who knows, people might even lay off Reeves long enough to think about seeing it too

Me, I don't mind the lad, I am just unable to stop seeing him as the doofus in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure I guess heheh.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

"Strange things are afoot at the circle K."
      Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup
        "Strange things are afoot at the circle K."
        LMAO! That used to be one of my tag lines when I was a young Corporal in the Army many moons ago.

Comment

/me counts number of comic book movies that have been good.

/me counts number of movies centering on Keanu Reeves that have been good without the addition of a really good actor (ie. Devil's Advocate) to compensate.

Hmmm
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Seen the trailer the other day before Aviator, looks worth seeing.

Comment

This adaptation of "Hellblazer" has me a little nervous about how well the title is going to translate to the screen.

I still a ton of the old books -- wrapped in plastic although I still break them out now and then (especially when a friend from Scotland learned someone in Ohio actually READ it).

The main character in the comics was a likeable bastard. A chain-smoking, hard drinking cynic who wielded magic to survive, and occasionally affect, the war between heaven and hell.

John Constantine is a very sharp-tongued brit with a mean sense of humor. And frankly, I don't think Reeves has it in him.

I ain't obsessing. I just really liked the series. And I'm envisioning "Ted's Bogus Adventure in Black Magic."

Comment

First, it was "Troy" with Brad Pitt........

Then, it was "King Arthur" with Clive Owens.........

Then, it was "Alexander the Great" with Colin Farrell........

Now, it is "Constantine" with Keanu Reeves..........

This is a trend that does not bode well if you ask me.......

What's next?........

........."Julius Caesar" with Charlie Sheen?..........or maybe Pee Wee Herman?
                Last edited by Lance Williams; 28 Jan 05, 16:55.
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                  There were more people in the movie then Knightly?

Comment

What's next?........

Deal with it, all the good actors of yesteryear are also sadly in most cases dead.

I think movies are easier to watch when you are under 20, you don't even remember what acting looks like in the first place
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
                      Deal with it, all the good actors of yesteryear are also sadly in most cases dead.

I think movies are easier to watch when you are under 20, you don't even remember what acting looks like in the first place
                      Your insight is spot-on!

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
                        Deal with it, all the good actors of yesteryear are also sadly in most cases dead. I think movies are easier to watch when you are under 20, you don't even remember what acting looks like in the first place
                        I have wondered if the increasingly unbelievable acting and disconcertingly mismatched eye and hand movements chould be a byproduct of so many scenes being filmed now in an antiseptic blue/green screen cavern. It has got to be much harder to really get into a scene without the atmosphere of a real set.
                        Best regards, Major H
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs
                          Constantine, with Keanu Reeves.
                          I saw the trailer for this last night.

"Painfully Stupid" was my reaction.

Comment

What's next?........

Erm, I think you have the wrong idea about what Constantine is about from the list of movies you put here. It's not a historical epic - it's a comic book movie.
                            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X