Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stalingrad movie, what's the buzz?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Stalingrad movie, what's the buzz?

    http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi234...?ref_=tt_ov_vi

    Stalingrad (2013)
    Trailer (International Trailer)

    Title: Stalingrad Trailer (International Trailer)
    Description: A look at the battle that turned the tide of World War II. A band of determined Russian soldiers fight to hold a strategic building in their devastated city against a ruthless German army, and in the process become deeply connected to two Russian women who have been living there.
    Related Titles: Stalingrad
    Video URL: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2340465433/

    Anybody seen this yet?
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".


  • #2
    Has a 6,6/10 on Kinopoisk. Pretty average movie according to the majority of reviews. Bad subject is the most targeted. Here you have it in Russian :

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RH3S3xFzHc
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

    Comment


    • #3
      +1 for linking the Whole movie when I can Emtos..

      A lot of the film looks dimly lit and there's excessive use of slow-motion & hand to hand. The numerous props and visuals however, look good. However, I haven't found any good combat scene.

      I don't understand Russian but the film looks kind of cheesy.
      Last edited by Cult Icon; 27 Feb 14, 15:56.
      Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
      Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
      Barbarossa Derailed I & II
      Battle of Kalinin October 1941

      Comment


      • #4
        Dang... what luck becoming deeply connected, to the blond one especially .
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
          +1 for linking the Whole movie when I can Emtos..

          A lot of the film looks dimly lit and there's excessive use of slow-motion & hand to hand. The numerous props and visuals however, look good. However, I haven't found any good combat scene.

          I don't understand Russian but the film looks kind of cheesy.
          The realisators father was Sergei Bondartchouk who made several good movies. His son is from pop generation who is more worried about imitate Hollywood and being noticed in the USA. He did it with 9th company, he repeated it now but with bigger budget. Thus we have the right to the legion of damned, matrix and a love story. However it can be seen as some kind of good sign that the war in not forgotten and that Russia movie industry can produce not only the Mikhalkov's garbage about a gang of idiots attacking shed on a hill. If it will be repeated by correct people like those whho did Brest Fortress, it can provide good results.
          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

          Comment


          • #6
            This is about the Pavlov house/block which i defended in Call of Duty 1?
            texjoy861 from youtube:

            "Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
              This is about the Pavlov house/block which i defended in Call of Duty 1?
              Hey I was there with you!

              I was the guy who killed all the Germans.
              Last edited by Captain General; 28 Feb 14, 09:28.
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

              Homer


              BoRG

              Comment


              • #8
                I've skimmed through the whole thing, and the directing reminds me of 'Snyder' a great deal. He does comic book movies, and his use of perspective and camera has a peculiarly juvenile style.

                The directing is overall odd. The visuals and props are first rate but there is very little combat action, and the nature of the fighting scenes (often focusing on individuals doing Matrix antics....) give me the impression that the director was intimidated by the logistics of building a battle.

                Like Synder's films, the film makes excellent stills due to the extensive props...but when watching it in motion there is a distinctively artificial appearance which breaks immersion.

                Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                The realisators father was Sergei Bondartchouk who made several good movies. His son is from pop generation who is more worried about imitate Hollywood and being noticed in the USA. He did it with 9th company, he repeated it now but with bigger budget. Thus we have the right to the legion of damned, matrix and a love story. However it can be seen as some kind of good sign that the war in not forgotten and that Russia movie industry can produce not only the Mikhalkov's garbage about a gang of idiots attacking shed on a hill. If it will be repeated by correct people like those whho did Brest Fortress, it can provide good results.
                Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                Battle of Kalinin October 1941

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                  Hey I was there with you!

                  I was the guy who killed all the Germans.
                  Hey. I asked elsewhere but are there any books/reports about the house from the German point of view?
                  SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    Hey. I asked elsewhere but are there any books/reports about the house from the German point of view?
                    Not that I'm aware of but I am by no means an expert on Stalingrad.

                    You'd probably get a better answer in the World War II forums.
                    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

                    Homer


                    BoRG

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                      Has a 6,6/10 on Kinopoisk. Pretty average movie according to the majority of reviews. Bad subject is the most targeted. Here you have it in Russian :

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RH3S3xFzHc
                      It looks better in 2D. In 3D format it looks as a computer game.
                      I wouldn't call it an absolutely worthless BS. One can watch it once if one wants to. Some quotations from Grossman, no historical accuracy except general facts and indefinable resemblance to Sucker Punch (as already has been noted by Artyom_A). Personally, I was taken away by a couple of scenes, but not by the whole film, for sure. Throughout its 2+ hr duration I couldn't help wondering where $ 40 million went?
                      Last edited by dmf01; 28 Feb 14, 10:43.
                      "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I hadn't heard of it before I saw the poster on Rotten Tomatoes.

                        At first I thought it was a joke. The poster looked like something out of Tropic Thunder or Hot Shots Part Deux, but then I realized it was just horribly dated.

                        The trailer completely turned me off. As someone who is interested in history and the epic struggle of Stalingrad, I realized the movie wasn't targeted at me, but it was for 19 year-old Call of Duty players with the love interest thrown in so their girlfriends won't complain too much.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                          Not that I'm aware of but I am by no means an expert on Stalingrad.

                          You'd probably get a better answer in the World War II forums.
                          That was the 'elsewhere' .
                          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                            Hey. I asked elsewhere but are there any books/reports about the house from the German point of view?
                            Was "Cross of Iron" based on a book?

                            Cross of Iron @ IMBD
                            Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                            Hyperwar, Whats New
                            World War II Resources
                            The best place in the world to "work".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                              I hadn't heard of it before I saw the poster on Rotten Tomatoes.

                              At first I thought it was a joke. The poster looked like something out of Tropic Thunder or Hot Shots Part Deux, but then I realized it was just horribly dated.

                              The trailer completely turned me off. As someone who is interested in history and the epic struggle of Stalingrad, I realized the movie wasn't targeted at me, but it was for 19 year-old Call of Duty players with the love interest thrown in so their girlfriends won't complain too much.
                              Why always Stalingrad in the movies? How about some other Soviet battles?
                              texjoy861 from youtube:

                              "Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X