• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Four reboot

http://www.eonline.com/news/512821/f...bell-will-star

First of all:

Second of all: nothing against the actors specifically, but:

I'm going to say is that since Fox thinks it's a good idea to mess with stuff just to submit to the PC crowd, then I think when the role of Black Panther is cast, it should be a white actor. Just to be fair, you know.

And each and every person that seems offended by my statement can quote me on it all they want to.

Also, rumors of Doctor Doom being a female are out there.

Yeah, just like the upcoming X-Men movie, I won't be watching this at all. I don't give two shits about major artistic changes...just put the comic book as is into a movie. It's not really all that hard.

The sooner Fox's contract with Marvel is up, the better.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

I thought Marvel was with Disney? No matter. I agree with you. I am not above a little tinkering with canon, but, aren't Johnny and Sue supposed to be brother and sister? And Reed supposed to be a little older? It seems like changing things just for the sake of changing them. And one last thing, who is clamoring for a FF reboot anyways?
    "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
    And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Fox owns the screen rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men. They are doing a reboot for FF to fit it in with the X-Men universe, to copy what Disney is doing. They are failing.

Yes, they are brother and sister, from the same parents, which are not a mixed couple. Casting a black actor, no matter how good he may be, is a slap in the face to comic book fans. It's nothing but catering to the PC crowd. Doctor Doom is rumored to be played by a woman this time around.

So, now, to be fair, I think Matt Damon would make a really good Black Panther.

When Fox loses their license with Marvel, Disney will pick it up and fix things. Mark my words.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I don't see what's the big deal since Dc and Marvel fans don't care about canon anyway.
        texjoy861 from youtube:

"Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
          I don't see what's the big deal since Dc and Marvel fans don't care about canon anyway.
          That's completely untrue and unsupported.

Comment

They don't expect the movies and the comics to be in the same continuity.
            texjoy861 from youtube:

"Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

Comment

What I expect and what I get are never the same. I expect canon for my favorite comics made into movies. What I get is some writer/Hollywood type who thinks he knows better making something for the masses, not me. And as much as I hate to admit it, the bigwigs at Marvel must have some input on how the films are put together, so, they know in advance they aren't canon and they approve. That makes me sad.
              "Look, a golden winged ship is passing my way"
              And I really didn't have to stop...I just kept on going.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
                They don't expect the movies and the comics to be in the same continuity.
                That's not the same as what you claimed and that's still not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDog View Post
                  What I expect and what I get are never the same. I expect canon for my favorite comics made into movies. What I get is some writer/Hollywood type who thinks he knows better making something for the masses, not me. And as much as I hate to admit it, the bigwigs at Marvel must have some input on how the films are put together, so, they know in advance they aren't canon and they approve. That makes me sad.
                  I don't mind a bit of changes here and there. Movies made from (comic) books are usually better than the source material, with the changes.

However, what I despise is changes made just for the sake of making changes: to cater to the PC crowd, to add some "artistic" alterations--this stuff is complete crap and the fans DO NOT WANT IT. We want as close to the source material as possible.

While I agree Marvel has some input, it's not as much as you would think. Fox owns Fantastic Four and X-Men. They can do what they want up to a point. Disney has shown that they know what the fans really want in the Avengers series of movies. Fox has only shown that they are quite out of touch with the fan base.

In a way, the terrible changes that Fox is making shouldn't be a surprise. They are competing with Disney, and while Disney's model was incredibly successful, Fox has to match that with their own--but instead of copying Disney's plan, they decide to roll the dice and take a chance with something wildly different. It's backfiring on them so far.

Comment

Wait...

These guys are going to play the Fantastic Four? Sorry, but they look better suited for a Pee Wee Herman skit.

I grew up reading Marvel Comics, and one aspect of the FF films I truly appreciated was the casting selections to play those four roles. Jessica Alba was Sue Storm:

Mara looks like a derpee valley girl.

And I agree, casting the Human Torch as a black guy is just wrong.

Comment

Maybe after all those "Flame On's" Johnny has developed a bit of a tan? I would rather see that dude as the Thing. It would be less of a stretch. Which one is playing the Thing? I think they are trying to pull a switch like they did with Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury (without paying the same money).

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

The Nick Fury switch didn't bother me, I actually thought Jackson nailed the role. In addition Fury as director of SHIELD was a stand alone character, changing his ethnicity really altered nothing.

Johnny Storm however was always part of a team. Altering his ethnicity alters the history of the team.

And again, Mara? I looked over her IMDB credits, and other than the bit part in Iron Man II I hadn't seen a single thing she was ever in. But more importantly than that of course is she simply doesn't look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                          That's not the same as what you claimed and that's still not correct.
                          Canon in the context of the movies and comics. They care about canon betweeen comics matching.
                          texjoy861 from youtube:

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            Maybe after all those "Flame On's" Johnny has developed a bit of a tan? I would rather see that dude as the Thing. It would be less of a stretch. Which one is playing the Thing? I think they are trying to pull a switch like they did with Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury (without paying the same money).

Pruitt
                            Jackson as Nick Fury was a good choice--he's based off of the Ultimate Nick Fury anyway, which is a black character.

I wouldn't mind as much if Jordan were playing the Thing. I could come to accept that. But Johnny Storm? With a white sister? Too much stupid changes there to make that work.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                              The Nick Fury switch didn't bother me, I actually thought Jackson nailed the role. In addition Fury as director of SHIELD was a stand alone character, changing his ethnicity really altered nothing.
                              Nick Fury from the Ultimate comics was a black character. In fact, they asked permission from Samuel Jackson to draw the character in his likeness. Before the Avengers movies were in production.

So it's not really a switch after all. And yes, Jackson nailed it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X