Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sherlock: Series 3 "The Empty Hearse" (no spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock: Series 3 "The Empty Hearse" (no spoilers)

Well Series 3 has finally arrived. Right in the middle of the Polar Vortex. It should come as no surprise to anyone that Sherlock survived his jump off of the roof of St Bart's Hospital. I'm not going to give away any spoilers here. Surprisingly, there really aren't any to reveal. But I will put forward a couple of points.

1) The first half hour of the 90 minutes will make clear to everyone how much better an actor Martin Freeman is than Benedict Cumberbund.

2) I almost turned it off after the first 5 minutes. Don't.

3) I split my side laughing twice in that first half hour.

4) There is no hearse in the plot.

5) The crime being investigated isn't that thrilling. But it's all about the interplay between Holmes and Watson.

6) A new villian is hinted at.

7) New characters are introduced.

By the way, if you're not familiar with Guy Hawkes Day celebrations in the UK, it wouldn't hurt to take a quick peak at the wiki page. It'll help a viewer to understand what's happening in one instance. Just a suggestion.

I'll continue to watch the series, along with my other favourites Elementary and the Robert Downey - Jude Law films.

Thanks to PBS and Masterpiece Theatre.

Cheers,
    Dan.
    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

I loved it. It was my first episode and now I'm going back through Season 1 and gorging.

Also, I think that Watson dost protest too much that Sherlock isn't his boyfriend

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
      Also, I think that Watson dost protest too much that Sherlock isn't his boyfriend
      Obviously Mrs Hudson is convinced.

Cheers,
      Dan.
      So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Comment

I was looking forward to the first show of Series 3. I was not disappointed.

Comment

Sherlock Novice

Last nite Wife and I watched the First episode of "Sherlock". Astounded!

Holmes/Doyle transcend from late 19th Century to early 21st Century in an amazing Fit! The "Holmes/Doyle" CSI made such a smooth and impressive translation into 21st tech. We'll be watching the Second episode shortly.

We don't to "TV"~Cable/Dish/etc., but get DVDs from the local library system. So we just started watching the first season.

I'm a hooked fan, so try not to spill too much back-story if you could ... thanks
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Watched the entire season thanks to the internet already. Eat your heart out gents.
            ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
              By the way, if you're not familiar with Guy Hawkes Day celebrations in the UK, it wouldn't hurt to take a quick peak at the wiki page. It'll help a viewer to understand what's happening in one instance. Just a suggestion.
              Wiki, Guy Fawkes

Thanks to PBS and Masterpiece Theatre.

Cheers,
              Dan.
              The BBC made it, they just have the good sense to show it in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                Watched the entire season thanks to the internet already. Eat your heart out gents.
                I watched it on the BBC

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
                  Wiki, Guy Fawkes
                  Guy Hawkes? What the heck was I thinking. What a hucking idiot I can be.

Cheers,
                  Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M View Post
                    A lot of us probably are familiar with that by now --- sometimes I think a good fraction of all British thrillers have a victim who gets caught inside one of those bonfires ready to be set off. I can think of three such novels right now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X