Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skiplc
    replied
    The Kindle book is currently available on Amazon for $3.99.

Leave a comment:

• phil74501
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    I wonder if "red wings" refers to the obscene slang term describing a certain sexual act that I know it to mean...
    The previous Marine commander in that area had the operations named after basketball teams. The ensuing commander was, presumably, a hockey fan. He decided to name the operations after hockey teams as a little jab at his predecessor. It's on the wikipedia articles if you google it.

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by skiplc View Post
    Oh hell Chuck; you gotta be going nutso!
    Not a wise move over there.

Leave a comment:

• skiplc
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    I wonder if "red wings" refers to the obscene slang term describing a certain sexual act that I know it to mean...

Oh hell Chuck; you gotta be going nutso!

Leave a comment:

• warmoviebuff
    replied
    OMG - enough already. The op name came from a list of names of hockey teams.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    Well color me a dork then. I used to wear a pair of Wellington type Red Wings as a work boot. The cost me about $200 back then (1998?). They were the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. The last Army Boots I ever bought were Corcoran Paratrooper Boots back in 1976.

Pruitt
    Have you tried hiking in them?

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Well color me a dork then. I used to wear a pair of Wellington type Red Wings as a work boot. The cost me about $200 back then (1998?). They were the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. The last Army Boots I ever bought were Corcoran Paratrooper Boots back in 1976.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Or it could have been named for a Boot Company...

Pruitt
    You'd have to be a dork to wear Red Wings in country. Just saying...

The SOF community get issued the good stuff... like Salomon and Asolo mountain boots. Those boots can range well into the $400 buck range. There is a scene in the movie when one of the Taliban looks down at one of the SEALS boots before killing him. Your gear can give you away.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Or it could have been named for a Boot Company...

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    Originally posted by warmoviebuff View Post
    It was not based on a battle. It was based on Operation Red Wings which ended up being aborted when it was compromised as shown in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• warmoviebuff
    replied
    Unless a bullet hits a bone or vital organ, your adrenaline can keep you going a while.

It would be nice to see what battle this is based on.

Pruitt
    It was not based on a battle. It was based on Operation Red Wings which ended up being aborted when it was compromised as shown in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• warmoviebuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I am confused about something:

There was an mad attack on the village holding Luttrell and it looks like fiction done just for the movie.

Can someone confirm?

Also, the soldiers each get hit by AK rounds about 6 times each yet still keep on going....a bit odd.
    Check out the OP as to the attack on the village. As far as the wounds, they were based on the autopsy reports so supposedly accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Unless a bullet hits a bone or vital organ, your adrenaline can keep you going a while.

It would be nice to see what battle this is based on.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X