X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult Icon
    replied
    I am confused about something:

There was an mad attack on the village holding Luttrell and it looks like fiction done just for the movie.

Can someone confirm?

Also, the soldiers each get hit by AK rounds about 6 times each yet still keep on going....a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

• Dano
    replied
    I seen it was pretty close to the book. Now some are saying it is the best war movie out there. I still think Private Ryan and Blackhawk down were better.

IMO

Leave a comment:

• warmoviebuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    I have never seen so many guys fall down a mountain and bounce off so many rocks and trees and still be able to get up and move! There was some laughter when they started bouncing off stuff like Wiley E Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

Pruitt
    Agree. It's some amazing cinematography and you have to admire the stuntmen (who suffered some broken bones), but they reminded me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That chick could take some pounding. Perhaps Navy SEALS have the same super powers or lack of pain receptors. Like I said the most hilarious thing was after Luttrell makes his second rock-bouncing trip, he ends up facing a rattle snake. Remember when Wiley E. would fall off the cliff, hit the ground, and then have an anvil land on his head?

My theory is you would move to if someone wanted to cut off your head with a dull knife.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    I have never seen so many guys fall down a mountain and bounce off so many rocks and trees and still be able to get up and move! There was some laughter when they started bouncing off stuff like Wiley E Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

Pruitt
    They should have taken lessons from the kid they let go.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Axis of Evil
    replied
    I just saw the movie. I know I am about to utter blasphemy but the movie was ok not great but ok. Sure it was cool to see a movie that told the true story of real warriors but certain parts of the movie threw me off a bit. And the firefight was much less intense than it was in the book.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Question:don't You think these Seals as portrayed in the film are not a bit too muscled?
    They come in all sizes... small, medium, and large. Extra large are called whales.

Leave a comment:

• phil74501
    replied
    If you guys didn't catch the interview that Luttrell did on 60 minutes a few weeks ago, you should watch it. He was really hard on himself. He called himself a coward at one point.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Maybe. That Blond Rookie was too muscled. I read somewhere that the muscled men that try to do the course had problems staying afloat. Fat floats. The end of the movie showing the men in the movie were less muscled. A couple of the Army NCO's were downright plump!

My Grandson had an interesting question: "Do they get paid?"...

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Question:don't You think these Seals as portrayed in the film are not a bit too muscled?

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I took the Grandson to see it last night. I thought it was okay. My Grandson thought it was awesome!

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Captain General
    replied
    I'll wait till HBO gets it.

From what I've seen something seems a bit off.

I hated the book so that might have something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• smallvillekalel
    replied
    I plan on seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• skiplc
    replied
    Good and fair review.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Saw it.... and was a little disappointed. I think it would have worked better as a documentary film.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X