Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now Showing: Lone Survivor (2014)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I seen it was pretty close to the book. Now some are saying it is the best war movie out there. I still think Private Ryan and Blackhawk down were better.

    IMO
    Are we there yet?

    Comment


    • #17
      I am confused about something:

      There was an mad attack on the village holding Luttrell and it looks like fiction done just for the movie.

      Can someone confirm?

      Also, the soldiers each get hit by AK rounds about 6 times each yet still keep on going....a bit odd.

      Comment


      • #18
        Unless a bullet hits a bone or vital organ, your adrenaline can keep you going a while.

        It would be nice to see what battle this is based on.

        Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

        Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

        by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
          I am confused about something:

          There was an mad attack on the village holding Luttrell and it looks like fiction done just for the movie.

          Can someone confirm?

          Also, the soldiers each get hit by AK rounds about 6 times each yet still keep on going....a bit odd.
          Check out the OP as to the attack on the village. As far as the wounds, they were based on the autopsy reports so supposedly accurate.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            Unless a bullet hits a bone or vital organ, your adrenaline can keep you going a while.

            It would be nice to see what battle this is based on.

            Pruitt
            It was not based on a battle. It was based on Operation Red Wings which ended up being aborted when it was compromised as shown in the movie.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by warmoviebuff View Post
              It was not based on a battle. It was based on Operation Red Wings which ended up being aborted when it was compromised as shown in the movie.
              I wonder if "red wings" refers to the obscene slang term describing a certain sexual act that I know it to mean...
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

              Homer


              BoRG

              Comment


              • #22
                Or it could have been named for a Boot Company...

                Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Or it could have been named for a Boot Company...

                  Pruitt
                  You'd have to be a dork to wear Red Wings in country. Just saying...

                  The SOF community get issued the good stuff... like Salomon and Asolo mountain boots. Those boots can range well into the $400 buck range. There is a scene in the movie when one of the Taliban looks down at one of the SEALS boots before killing him. Your gear can give you away.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

                  ~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Well color me a dork then. I used to wear a pair of Wellington type Red Wings as a work boot. The cost me about $200 back then (1998?). They were the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. The last Army Boots I ever bought were Corcoran Paratrooper Boots back in 1976.

                    Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                    Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                    by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well color me a dork then. I used to wear a pair of Wellington type Red Wings as a work boot. The cost me about $200 back then (1998?). They were the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. The last Army Boots I ever bought were Corcoran Paratrooper Boots back in 1976.

                      Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

                      Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

                      by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        Well color me a dork then. I used to wear a pair of Wellington type Red Wings as a work boot. The cost me about $200 back then (1998?). They were the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. The last Army Boots I ever bought were Corcoran Paratrooper Boots back in 1976.

                        Pruitt
                        Have you tried hiking in them?
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

                        ~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          OMG - enough already. The op name came from a list of names of hockey teams.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                            I wonder if "red wings" refers to the obscene slang term describing a certain sexual act that I know it to mean...

                            Oh hell Chuck; you gotta be going nutso!
                            Skip

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by skiplc View Post
                              Oh hell Chuck; you gotta be going nutso!
                              Not a wise move over there.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

                              ~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

                                Homer


                                BoRG

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X