Shia Labeouf Retires from Public Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    I know when I think of great acting the first films that come to mind are The Transformers series.

Just giving you a hard time.
    Exactly.

He was also in the wretched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. He won't be missed.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

He's back

Apparently he's so contrite, he's now offered several Los Angeles galleries a performance art show which would allow patrons to humiliate him using various objects:
      For 7 days, Shia will sit at a table in a small, boxy room at the rear of a Los Angeles gallery,” it reads. “It is not clear if this is actually Shia, or an imposter. A paper bag will cover his head, emblazoned with the words ‘I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE.’
      In this room will be a long table, holding the assortment of “implements”, such as:
      a pair of pliers. A bottle of whiskey. A transformers toy. An Indiana Jones whip.
      Flowers. A book of love poems. Belgian chocolates. A ukelele.
      The anthology of Daniel Clowe's work
      In the holding area, visitors will be (silently) instructed by a performer (Nastja). They will each be given the opportunity to choose one item to take into the next room with them. It will be made clear that they may do as they please with this item.
      Visitors may do and say as they wish with their chosen implement. Shia will remain silent throughout. He will be subjected to humiliation or forgiveness at the visitor's discretion.
      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...roposal-674027

The irony here is that if this is supposed to be some performance art contrition for having plagiarized Daniel Clowe's work, you think he would have chosen some method THAT DIDN'T INVOLVE PLAGIARIZING YET ANOTHER ARTIST'S WORK

Marina_Abramović - Rythm 0 / 1974
      To test the limits of the relationship between performer and audience, Abramović developed one of her most challenging (and best-known) performances. She assigned a passive role to herself, with the public being the force which would act on her. Abramović placed on a table 72 objects that people were allowed to use (a sign informed them) in any way that they chose. Some of these were objects that could give pleasure, while others could be wielded to inflict pain, or to harm her. Among them were a rose, a feather, honey, a whip, scissors, a scalpel, a gun and a single bullet. For six hours the artist allowed the audience members to manipulate her body and actions. its very important to note that she drew upon her own personal experiences of torture of her home life
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Abramović

Comment

Sounds good. But I'd feel bad if I used the pliers on an imposter.
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X