Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    Yes.

Descendant from Elendil and Isildur. Known as the Dunedain.

Basically Tolkiens version of Half Elves.
    In Tolkiens universe the Numenoreans were the descendants of Elros, brother of Elrond. Elros had made the choice to be human thus he, and his people, shared the 'doom' of man. Elrond, on the other hand, chose the fate of the Elves but because of his Half-Elven status his children could choose whether to share his fate or that of Man. Hence Elrond's sorrow at Arwen's love for Aragorn and his ambivalence regarding his fate prior to the events described in TLOTR.

I believe 'Dunedain' means 'Fallen High Men' in Tolkien's universe?
    Signing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
      Did anyone watch this who is old enough to see where the gold hoard comes from, the reference? It was from the old comics of Scrooge McDuck, the rich uncle of the Donald Duck family.
      You don't need to be old, I'm in my mid-twenties and I grew up on those comics! They got pretty big in Europe and South America (I'm pretty sure even more popular than in the US) and there's still new stuff coming out with Scrooge McDuck.

He's known as "Tio Patinhas" in portuguese and he was my favorite character. My basement has a couple tons of those comics stashed away.

Comment

While I feel the Hobbit movies don't quite measure up to the LOTR trilogy, they are still great fun. The only movie I've seen in the last year that I thought was better than "Smaug" was "American Hustle".
        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
        X