Walking Dead Mid Season Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Dead Mid Season Finale

Another mass extinction, this time at the Prison. I noticed a lot of people that 'disappeared' did not get mentioned on Talking Dead. Where did those four little girls end up? Where is the baby? The two women 'rescued' by the Governor are now in the middle of a bunch of Zombies. Run ladies!

Is there a rendezvous point set up? How did the Governor get a tank to the prison without it being heard? Will the survivors go back to get their supply cache?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

All questions we have to wait until Feb. to be answered. I was sad to see my favorite character go.

Come Feb., it will pretty much be a brand new show.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      Another mass extinction, this time at the Prison. I noticed a lot of people that 'disappeared' did not get mentioned on Talking Dead. Where did those four little girls end up? Where is the baby? The two women 'rescued' by the Governor are now in the middle of a bunch of Zombies. Run ladies!

Is there a rendezvous point set up? How did the Governor get a tank to the prison without it being heard? Will the survivors go back to get their supply cache?

Pruitt
      My guess the survivors will be in separate groups for a while before they link back up. My guess Carol will be in one of them.

I found it amusing that a tank and a bunch of trucks were able to get to the prison unnoticed. I'm not sure if the writers are that dumb or if they were seeking to portray the amateurism of Rick's group.

There'll be some new characters coming in the next half. The one I'm most excited for is Abraham Ford who'll be portrayed by the always awesome Michel Cudlitz.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I am thinking the girls have the baby.

Tank was in stealth mode.

Why would the zombies be attracted to the prison if nobody is there?

Govenor was beating Rick's butt... before he got gigged.

Little guy finally lost it when baby wasn't there.
        SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
          My guess the survivors will be in separate groups for a while before they link back up. My guess Carol will be in one of them.

I found it amusing that a tank and a bunch of trucks were able to get to the prison unnoticed. I'm not sure if the writers are that dumb or if they were seeking to portray the amateurism of Rick's group.

There'll be some new characters coming in the next half. The one I'm most excited for is Abraham Ford who'll be portrayed by the always awesome Michel Cudlitz.
          The explosion everyone heard while inside the prison was the tank taking out the lookout position in the watch tower. Apparently some red shirt NPC types were posted in there.

That could be done at a fair distance and then haul ass up to the fence from cover.

Overall **** poor tactics from both sides as everyone gathered into a bunch in the open and just started blazing away at close range.

Another WTF moment was when Carl said he could take out the Governor and Darryl was like "from 50 yards? Yeah right".

50 yards with a rifle or carbine is an EASY shot.

Hell you can make that with a pistol if you're good.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Sounded like Carl had a shotgun at the end.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

I too thought the tactics were poor, but then I remembered most were untrained civilians.

I also think the little girls grabbed the baby.

As for Herschel, when I saw him smile I knew he bought it. I was stunned though at how violent his death was. I am definitely looking forward to Febuary to see how the story grows/changes.
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                After 6(?) or so months of nothing much happening, I think the lookouts would be pretty complacent. Maybe they'd check the fences every so often and then go back to killing time, since their job is to spot build ups of zombies or fence breaches. They certainly weren't expecting a tank assault.
                Diadochi Rising Wargame:
                King Pairisades I of the Bosporan Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                  I too thought the tactics were poor, but then I remembered most were untrained civilians.
                  The guy in the tank has no excuse though, he said he was an army tanker in a previous episode, not just some guy who found a tank.
                  He spent the entire battle shooting at windows close to the prison roof where it did no damage to the enemy, and managed to drive the tank into the only position where Rick's group could manage to cause it some sort of damage.

But the most ridiculous part was how Rick crawled behind that bus like 10 meters away from the Governor's group, all shooting and looking at him, but they completely forget...
                  Despite the area being completely open, with absolutely no way Rick could be anywhere except behind that bus, they march along past it like morons and Rick comes out from behind the bus where they all saw him hide just seconds ago to surprise punch the governor.
                  Are they all blind! Or was it amnesia?

Comment

Was the tank a M60?

Which leads to another query: It sounds as if the tank operator was an active army when the zombie crisis hit. What was he doing driving an older model tank? There can't be very many left in active units and don't most reserve/guard units operate M1s now?
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

That was an M-60. I noticed someone had removed the 50 caliber MG from the cupola on top. That kind of cupola only went on the M-60 and M-48. I think the only M-60's available in Georgia right now are static displays. The Georgia National Guard has M-1 tanks stored at Fort Stewart. They leave expensive Guard equipment like this at an active army base so the Regulars can run maintenance on them. We used to have an M-48 in front of Fort Polk.

Pruitt

Comment

How many men does it takes to man a tank? The Army tanker was acting as he was the only guy to commandeer the tank as a commander, driver, loader, and gunner all rolled up in one person!

Did Governor have any background in military? I'm trying to remember his background story. So if he did not have that experience then it's reasonable that while he had some rudimentary understanding of tactics, he wasn't advanced in his knowledge of how to use the tank properly. But I'm surprised that the Army tanker did not advise him on how to plan accordingly.

I would figure that the Governor's party would come at the prison from two different directions, splitting the defenders and put stress on their ability to defend the prison. That did not happen at all.

In all the battle was played out rather poorly.
                        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I was wondering about how many tank crewman can drive a tank? Theoretically you can fight a tank with one guy, but it depends on whether or not the driver can get into the turret easily. I recall there being at least three guys in this tank.. Probably the biggest problem for me is why the tank did not use its coaxial machine gun on the defenders. I can see the special effects guys preferring to blow out windows high in the buildings (insurance purposes). The cannon itself did not seem to go low until it was time to throw the hand grenade down the barrel.

What are the odds of jumping in a tank and finding a full selection of cannon shells on board?

Hollywood...

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                            I was wondering about how many tank crewman can drive a tank? Theoretically you can fight a tank with one guy, but it depends on whether or not the driver can get into the turret easily. I recall there being at least three guys in this tank.. Probably the biggest problem for me is why the tank did not use its coaxial machine gun on the defenders. I can see the special effects guys preferring to blow out windows high in the buildings (insurance purposes). The cannon itself did not seem to go low until it was time to throw the hand grenade down the barrel.

What are the odds of jumping in a tank and finding a full selection of cannon shells on board?

Hollywood...

Pruitt
                            I was wondering about that as well.

Frankly I just cannot believe that the Army or even National Guards could disintegrate that easily when the zombie crisis broke out. With plenty of arms and heavy equipment, they could regroup and figure out how to make a position more defensible and suitable for the civilization to thrive again.

I would have thought that even restoring power is doable if the military got its stuff together and search out qualified engineers to bring in. Basically as soon the units linked together, they could have moved out to seek factories, power plants, etc. to form a defensive position and use power to develop some anti-zombie measures.

Even in the midst of zombie crisis, I find it incredibly hard to believe that no city or town was barely standing.
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                              I was wondering about that as well.

Frankly I just cannot believe that the Army or even National Guards could disintegrate that easily when the zombie crisis broke out. With plenty of arms and heavy equipment, they could regroup and figure out how to make a position more defensible and suitable for the civilization to thrive again.

I would have thought that even restoring power is doable if the military got its stuff together and search out qualified engineers to bring in. Basically as soon the units linked together, they could have moved out to seek factories, power plants, etc. to form a defensive position and use power to develop some anti-zombie measures.

Even in the midst of zombie crisis, I find it incredibly hard to believe that no city or town was barely standing.
                              Have you read World War Z?

It goes into all of the stuff you mention.

Excellent book.

Nothing like the movie from what I understand.
                              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X