Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Bah. This way makes for a better suspense.

Though I do hear a high pitched whine when I'm outside, like something spinning really fast underground.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    Just caught last night's episode. Interesting that the synthetic participated in coercing the drug dealer by sticking a finger in his leg wound. I don't think Asimov would have approved.
    Definitely not. Violates the First Law of robotics.

Of course, so do all of the other synthetics acting as LEO's carrying weapons to be used against humans, but then Will Smith pretty much threw the First Law out the window in I, Robot.

Asimov would be weeping into his beer.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Just caught last night's episode. Interesting that the synthetic participated in coercing the drug dealer by sticking a finger in his leg wound. I don't think Asimov would have approved.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Foundation was outstanding, but I've always had a special liking for his I, Robot.

We're still wrestling with his Three Laws of Robotics, still the Gold Standard.
    Yes .... Yes I agree

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Foundation was outstanding, but I've always had a special liking for his I, Robot.

We're still wrestling with his Three Laws of Robotics, still the Gold Standard.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    And I am equally happy to meet you, Sir!

Asimov was a brilliant author and far ahead of his time.
    Yes Sir my favorite novels were the foundation trillogy. I know he wrote more but I still like the three core novels . I would like to see some movie people do this on the screen, but a good production ...yes .

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee View Post
    Ah ! another Asimov fan . I happy to meet you sir
    And I am equally happy to meet you, Sir!

Asimov was a brilliant author and far ahead of his time.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    The risk is that the android will display too much emotion and ruin the premise of the series.

Azimov handled that quite well, but he was a whole lot smarter than Hollywood.
    His android protagonist was quite a bit like Spock, logic based and not given to emotional displays.
    Ah ! another Asimov fan . I happy to meet you sir

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The risk is that the android will display too much emotion and ruin the premise of the series.

Azimov handled that quite well, but he was a whole lot smarter than Hollywood.
    His android protagonist was quite a bit like Spock, logic based and not given to emotional displays.

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
    Interesting that the android has a 'motivation', he doesn't want to get assigned to a space station.
    Not sure if I can blame him for that one. Probably no hot chick androids up in orbit.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Finally clearing out the DVR and got to this one. Interesting to watch John corrupting the morals of his synthetic partner.

Couple of things I noticed, they aren't paying much attention to real science and tech. They are trying to develop strong characters with a chemistry between them. Interesting that the android has a 'motivation', he doesn't want to get assigned to a space station.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    I watched it , I Like it. I also like Sleepy Hollow . But I have always been interested in robotics since my early days in the 1950's ( Asimov's Robotic Novels . ). So This show is just the next step in that evolution .

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
    Anyone watch this show tonight?

I think it has a lot of potential to be good. It has some decent acting, I like the main character and his robotic partner enough to be worth my time. The plot is interesting and I think it presents some good background stories that will work into the main plot.

I consider the show to be a much better one than Sleepy Hollow, as I'm more into sci-fi than supernatural.

What do you think?
    I watched it and liked it. It has a lot of potential, and I like the principal actor, who did well in Riddick, Lord of the Rings and elsewhere.

Reminds me a lot of an old sci-fi series of books that started with Caves of Steel by Asimov, based on a detective partnered with an android who passed for human named R. Daneel Olivaw...the R. being for Robot.

As some might know, Iím a fan of Sci-fi. The book Iím currently reading is Caves of Steel, by Isaac Asimov. Asimov has quickly grown to be my favorite author, i feel that Caves of Steel is one of his best works.
    Itís a murder mystery novel, set in 2154. The Earth is a different place, with a population of 8 billion ( bare in mind this was written in 1953, when the Earthís population was on 2,5 billion ), and most people live in giant metal domed Cities. Food is mostly made from farmed Yeast, in massive processing plants within the city. In one of the safest areas of New York City, the unthinkable happens. Someone is murdered. Detective Elijah Bailey is on the job. With a new partner, a robot named R. Daneel Olivaw.
    http://dgoemans.wordpress.com/2013/0...aves-of-steel/

Leave a comment:

• sebfrench76
    replied
    Does someone here ever heard about Real Humans,the Swedish serie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Humans

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Those were the two shows I was thinking about it as I watched it. Though less Robocop than I, Robot...in my opinion.

And Karl Urban is one of my favorites.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X