Falling Skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Skies

I completed the first season of Falling Skies on Amazon's Prime Instant Video. I have to say it's pretty good. The second season is even better. Looking forward to the third season being released to Prime Instant Video.

What do you think of the series so far?

Some plots are really out of there, but others seem plausible. But I'm surprised that the Overlords don't use the beamers more often. Of course that's just me. Overall, I really enjoyed the series, and I like the fact it's limited to 10 episodes, make each episode more focused on the quality of story line and character development.
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I like it. Its a bit too much the Mason Family Hour in the latest season, but overall, its not bad.

Except that the aliens, with complete air superority, cannot find rebel forces who build fires and otherwise light up their night camps like it was a carnival.

I've also wndered why they never used covered pits to harass the walkers. Seems a very low-tech possibility. Although the aliens might have sensors to prevent that.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The series is too full of holes to make much sense. Lots of gas, lots of ammo, plenty of medical supplies, never any bodies laying around despite the devastation, full convoys running around in broad daylight although the aliens are in control and have air superiority and now we have the "good aliens" thrown into the mix as well.

Even worse, despite the demonstration long ago by an unpopular character that the key to fighting aliens was heavier caliber bullets to punch through their armor, the rebels still use the same ineffective weaponry.

I'm sure by now everyone realizes that this is simply a sci-fi remake of Red Dawn, without the charm of Patrick Swayze.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The series is too full of holes to make much sense. Lots of gas, lots of ammo, plenty of medical supplies, never any bodies laying around despite the devastation, full convoys running around in broad daylight although the aliens are in control and have air superiority and now we have the "good aliens" thrown into the mix as well.

Even worse, despite the demonstration long ago by an unpopular character that the key to fighting aliens was heavier caliber bullets to punch through their armor, the rebels still use the same ineffective weaponry.

I'm sure by now everyone realizes that this is simply a sci-fi remake of Red Dawn, without the charm of Patrick Swayze.
        yeah a lot of the holes you sighted drive me nuts but the story line is pretty good overall except the whole kids being stupid part which then forces the Dad to run off and do something even more stupid.

Comment

Yep. It's "The Librarian And The Search For The Alien Grail".

I gave up on it.

Comment

I am enjoying it so far . I can't wait for each episode. I like the Sci-Fi angle I'm not into the soapy parts .

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
              yeah a lot of the holes you sighted drive me nuts but the story line is pretty good overall except the whole kids being stupid part which then forces the Dad to run off and do something even more stupid.
              There's a lot of stupidity in the Mason family. Myself, I enjoy Pope, distrust Maggie, and like the Colonel, name escapes me at the moment.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                There's a lot of stupidity in the Mason family. Myself, I enjoy Pope, distrust Maggie, and like the Colonel, name escapes me at the moment.
                Dyer?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Dyer?
                  Might be. The guy with the pony tail. Mason's boss in the first couple seaons.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    Might be. The guy with the pony tail. Mason's boss in the first couple seaons.
                    It is Daniel Weaver. Mason was originally under another captain but was killed in the first episode of the first season.
                    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                      It is Daniel Weaver. Mason was originally under another captain but was killed in the first episode of the first season.
                      Yes, weaver!

Comment

Working...
                      X