X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    I'll see it. Just have no interest of going to a theater...
    Well, there's that. I have given up seeing any movies on opening weekend. I can't stand the crowds. So I wait as long as I can if it's a movie I think is worth seeing on the big screen. Didn't work with Wolverine last night...for some reason, everyone decided to go see it the same day I did. At least it was good, could have been better with less people.

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
    Aaaaand...it's Ben Affleck as Batman.

Did...did we just get Clooney'd?

My 18 year old daughter is spitting feathers about this

ps; my view is that he is a better actor than he is often given credit for, but whether or not he is suitable for this role is an interesting question

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    I'll see it. Just have no interest of going to a theater...

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    What? I have to research that. Affleck as Batman will probably keep me from seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    Originally posted by Shoeless View Post

Maybe. Didn't Affleck play Daredevil?

Leave a comment:

• Shoeless
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Can't wait to watch it. I hope it will be a good movie.

Leave a comment:

• Martok
    replied
    Meh...

Leave a comment:

• Jonathanrex1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
    They're not cash cows in the sense that any of the other movies you listed aren't.

They're legit movies based on legit comics. Avengers actually exists in the comics. So does Justice League. What makes it so those lines don't have a right to a movie compared to the others?
    I'm not saying they have no right to become films. I'm just saying that I'm getting tired of all of these superhero movies as they usually lack character development or a decent plot. There's too much attention being placed on comic-one liners, loud bombastic action sequences, and the "cool factor".

I just want to see a higher standard when it comes to movies in this genre.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee
    replied
    Don't forget Green Lantern .

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Aquaman would be fine, if he stays at the Halls of Justice and makes lunch for everyone when they get back.

Probably make some wicked crab cakes.

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    As long as Aquaman doesn't show up riding on a seahorse............

Leave a comment:

• Hida Akechi
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
    Just what we need, another bloated Superhero mega-movie. Can Hollywood just move on from these cash-cows.

The only superhero movies that I have enjoyed were the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, the first two of the Sam Rami Spiderman movies, Hellboy, Kick-Ass (love it!), the Incredibles, and Tim Burton's Batman. Everything else was just meh.
    They're not cash cows in the sense that any of the other movies you listed aren't.

They're legit movies based on legit comics. Avengers actually exists in the comics. So does Justice League. What makes it so those lines don't have a right to a movie compared to the others?

Leave a comment:

• Shoeless
    replied
    Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
    Interested as long as it has nothing to do with the 50s image of Supe.
    Why on earth would a modern-day Superman film have any relation at all to the 1950s one?

Leave a comment:

• Jonathanrex1
    replied
    Just what we need, another bloated Superhero mega-movie. Can Hollywood just move on from these cash-cows.

The only superhero movies that I have enjoyed were the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, the first two of the Sam Rami Spiderman movies, Hellboy, Kick-Ass (love it!), the Incredibles, and Tim Burton's Batman. Everything else was just meh.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X