Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most WTF movies you ever saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
    Any movie that has John Candy in it is a great comedy!

Comment

Originally posted by mconrad View Post
      PROMETHEUS. Approximately 2 minutes into the movie before the first WTF? (Alien turns into nanobeads and tumbles over the falls.)

At 15 minutes in:

Archaeologist:" I saw a stick figure in a cave painting pointing at three blotches on the ceiling and decided it was an accurate star map for a cluster invisible from earth but which out of the billions of stars in the galaxy I can safely say which three are meant. "

Rich old guy: "Here's 500 billion dollars. We'll build a spaceship."
      Come on an old guy with a gazzilion dollars to spend. Howard Hughes comes to mind.

Comment

Zardoz and the second Valley of the wolves movie.
        texjoy861 from youtube:

"Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          My sense of honour demands that I defend myself....

Titanic II
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/

Plus a long list of positive reviews....
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
          Awesome

..But when a tsunami hurls an ice berg into the new ship's ..
          How unlucky can you get eh

Tbh the reviews are even more baffling, you'd think someone forced them watch a movie called Titanic II,

I'd have turned into a zombie flick, Titanic of the Dead or somesuch
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            My sense of honour demands that I defend myself....

Titanic II
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/

Plus a long list of positive reviews....
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
            I'm sorry, Skob. I didn't mean to impugn your honor. It's just that learning that someone plunked down real money to produce that PoS actually shook my faith in humanity -- which wasn't all that high to begin with.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              I'm sorry, Skob. I didn't mean to impugn your honor. It's just that learning that someone plunked down real money to produce that PoS actually shook my faith in humanity -- which wasn't all that high to begin with.
              Have you tried John Travolta's Battlefield Earth...

Comment

^ I think I was sick that day . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  ^ I think I was sick that day . . . .
                  Then you were saved...

Comment

^ But not from broken Arrow. Talk about a bore.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                      Speaking of Oliver Stone, IIRC he wrote the screenplay for Conan The Barbarian.

Great flick by the way.

I have been avoiding re-makes like that and Red Dawn on general principles.

The principle being that I won't support Corporate Hollywood's attempts to avoid taking a chance on something new and original in order to milk an old concept for its last dime.
                      I mean, what next, are they gonna try to re-make Casablanca?
                      Only a matter of time, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
                        Zardoz and the second Valley of the wolves movie.
                        Somebody said Zardoz. I feel the need to post this again!

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I would say Mrs. Doutfire, Meet the Parents, the Hudsucker Proxy to name a few.

Comment

A movie that had a "WTF" but I really liked it was Deep Blue Sea. They get trapped on the sea rig with very big smart sharks. Okay, the billionaire Samuel Jackson is going to lead them out. He tells them a story of how he led out another group, and some of them died but he got the rest out. Everyone is inspired and hopeful .... and GWAK! A shark simply jumps out of the water and eats him. No warning, no nothing.

Well, so much for that, the rest say, somewhat disillusioned -----

One of the more dramatic examples of how the black guy always gets killed first. At this point we aren't feeling too confident about the cook, either. But he has a cute parrot, so we figure there is still hope for him.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                              I don't care what the time frame was for the movie, it's a POS.

And for those who don't know about the movie or have not seen the movie, it was directed by Oliver Stone, who I believe has exactly one great movie to his credit, a few so-so movies and a lot of garbage.
                              Yeah, I watched a coouple minutes of that dog and changed channels. I think it was when the girl with pipe-stem arms deviod of the slightest hint of muscle definition was tossing a burly man around like he was a rag doll.

For my contrinbution, Inglorious Bastards. I quit after ten minutes lest brain damage set in, but that was far enough to see high-ranking German officers hunting individual French Jews, Occupied France being invaded by a squad of US troops with impunity (why did we need to bother with Overlord?), and Hitler being upset by the sort of atrocity that would be considered a non-event in the operations with Soviet or Yugo partisans.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Where the F**k did the money go?

Watched (and unfortunately paid for the Bluray of) World War Z on Saturday night.

WTF does not do justice to that pile of crud.

Where did the reported $220 million that they lavished on that crap go to? Who passed the awful script / story conversion of the original book?

Ok, Ok, its a Zombie film and not life or death (unless you get bitten!), but the only thing that didn't get any screen time were the coach & horses that you could have driven through the silly story. Utter, utter, 24 carat crap.

Oh, and the Star Wars prequels. They're pretty dire as well, definite WTF material. Take the money & run, George.
                                HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X