Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most WTF movies you ever saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most WTF movies you ever saw?

This thread was inspired by Beowulf, the Christopher Lambert version. I've been watching that film and while it has it's entertaining bits that was my overall reaction. WTF? Odd movie.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Perfect thread, given the 2 I just watched last night!

My friend and I got together at his house, and he had it planned which 2 movies we were going to watch:

-Sand Sharks
    -Sharknado

I would lament those hours of my life lost forever, but we actually had a great time making fun of the movie, the low budget effects and/or acting, etc, and the fact that the story was so ridiculous on both.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Crash. Whew! The one with James Spader and Holly Hunter. No way this flick isn't an 1:15 sanity test. Sex after intentional car crashes, and with cripples no less in two instances. Cronenberg out-did himself on this one. Trust me, it's off the charts on the Weird **** WTF-O-Meter.

Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
        Perfect thread, given the 2 I just watched last night!

My friend and I got together at his house, and he had it planned which 2 movies we were going to watch:

-Sand Sharks
        -Sharknado

I would lament those hours of my life lost forever, but we actually had a great time making fun of the movie, the low budget effects and/or acting, etc, and the fact that the story was so ridiculous on both.
        I actually want to see Sharknado.

Those syfy cheeseballs are stupid on purpose and it appeals to my sense of humor.

Seems like sharks are in. Don't forget Sharktopus!
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Edge of Darkness.

Mel Gibson had to have the most basic points of a lame conspiracy explained to him. Just so slow and dull. By the end I was cheering when anyone died.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
            I actually want to see Sharknado.

Those syfy cheeseballs are stupid on purpose and it appeals to my sense of humor.

Seems like sharks are in. Don't forget Sharktopus!
            I had to figure they were meant to be so satirically stupid.

To tell you the truth, as long as you go in with low expectations but a fun attitude, Sharknado isn't too bad. Pretty hokey to say the least in most parts, but actually worth a watch, as long as it doesn't take away from more productive things
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Being John Malkovich is really strange.
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Human Centipede.

Comment

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

I was flicking through the channels when I stumbled across this exact scene.

The rest of the film is just as good .
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I watched Bad Lieutenant, for free, recently on Crackle.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103759/

Despite the R rating I was still shocked by the drug use (especially while driving), violence and perverse sex.
                    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

`
                      An oldie but a goodie...

" Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
                        I watched Bad Lieutenant, for free, recently on Crackle.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103759/

Despite the R rating I was still shocked by the drug use (especially while driving), violence and perverse sex.
                        I think it was NC-17 which is a higher rating than R, but not quite X.
                        I think it was a movie for devout Catholics. The impression I got was that there were lots of Catholic themes in the movie, especially about forgiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by thangluyen
                          ggggggggggggggggggggg
                          Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttt!
                          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Movies that made me go "WTF" just happened at the end, and pissed me off because I wasted actual currency on them:

Brotherhood of the Wolf
                            Ang Lee's Hulk
                            Van Helsing (with Hugh Jackman)
                            Most Anime
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

^^^ mentioning anime reminds me. Seeing the clip of Girls und Panzer where they destroy a Maus made me say "WTF?!" Not at their tactics only, but with how ridiculous the show is!

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X