X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
    Wot to do, wot to do? We have just seen series one here in Blighty... do I wait till season two crosses the pond or buy it tomorrow from Amazon?

I'd buy it. Worth the .

Leave a comment:

• Von Richter
    replied
    Wot to do, wot to do? We have just seen series one here in Blighty... do I wait till season two crosses the pond or buy it tomorrow from Amazon?

Leave a comment:

• Shoeless
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Truth was, being assigned to the Frontier cavalry was a dead-end assignment for career officers, and not very rewarding for the troops at all. King of like a permanent life fighting in Afghanistan with little or no hope of retirement or rewards....just death or a crippling injury leading to a life without pension or hope.

In HoW the cavalry is press-ganged into helping the railroad tycoons get rich with nothing to show for themselves for their often fatal efforts, and as clearly portayed in the series, are very tired of all the politics on all sides.
    Those are good points. It looks like the main cavalryman is in some scenes from upcoming episodes, so maybe he might become a minor character and get some development.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
    New season kicked off tonight...I dug it.

But why are the cavalry always dicks?

Truth was, being assigned to the Frontier cavalry was a dead-end assignment for career officers, and not very rewarding for the troops at all. King of like a permanent life fighting in Afghanistan with little or no hope of retirement or rewards....just death or a crippling injury leading to a life without pension or hope.

In HoW the cavalry is press-ganged into helping the railroad tycoons get rich with nothing to show for themselves for their often fatal efforts, and as clearly portayed in the series, are very tired of all the politics on all sides.

Leave a comment:

• Shoeless
    replied
    New season kicked off tonight...I dug it.

But why are the cavalry always dicks?

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Who says he's dead?
    Not him the other one. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by HMS Jr. View Post
    Really? OK then. Sounds like a plan. Missed it so far, but with that kind of recommendation it's a go. Thanks.

That Chinese dude sure used to have me in stitches when he started cussin' "Sweaggy" out. "Sweaggy, yooou suckyrocky!" Too funny.
    I was sad when Deadwood ended.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
    Saturday, Aug. 10th is the premiere. A two-hour premiere.

YES!
    DVR is already set up, and I've cleared my schedule!

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Legate View Post
    Finally finished season 2. Sad to see a major character get killed off.

Great to see Virginia Madsen on the show. She has always been on my list beautiful women I enjoy seeing on film or tv.
    Who says he's dead?

Leave a comment:

• HMS Jr.
    replied
    on a par with the outstanding Deadwood series
    Really? OK then. Sounds like a plan. Missed it so far, but with that kind of recommendation it's a go. Thanks.

That Chinese dude sure used to have me in stitches when he started cussin' "Sweaggy" out. "Sweaggy, yooou suckyrocky!" Too funny.

Leave a comment:

• Shoeless
    replied
    Saturday, Aug. 10th is the premiere. A two-hour premiere.

YES!

Leave a comment:

• rebpreacher
    replied
    I haven't seen season 2. I didn't have it on Dish network.

Leave a comment:

• Konzev
    replied
    Hey, no spoilers, i just got the DVD, with the intent to have two unsocial nights.

Great to see Virginia Madsen on the show. She has always been on my list beautiful women I enjoy seeing on film or tv.
    I'm an admirer of Her since the 80's.

Leave a comment:

• Legate
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shoeless
    replied
    I am a fan, and am looking forward to this show coming back. Colm Meaney is outstanding in anything.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X