No announcement yet.

Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Dream of Eagles cycle by Jack Whyte, The Warlords series by Bernard Cornwell, The Wheel of Time series ( now that it's finally finished)
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
      1) The Thrawn Star Wars trilogy.

2) The Destroyermen Series by Taylor Anderson.
      I'm hopeful that Thrawn makes an appearance in the upcoming films. I bet that if he does, his story will be altered tho.

Destroyermen is good (I'm reading Firestorm at the moment).
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
        A Dream of Eagles cycle by Jack Whyte, The Warlords series by Bernard Cornwell, The Wheel of Time series ( now that it's finally finished)
        Is the Dream of Eagles series the same as the Camulod series? If so it is great.

Wheel of Time is pretty good.

I think both would be better as a series a la Game of Thrones.

I've yet to read Cornwell's Arturian books but do intend to. His Sharpe and Saxon series are great.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by ElefantPanzer View Post
          Read the book, way more thrilling and believable.
          I started the book earlier in the year, but didn't get too far. Not because of the book itself-I'm a relatively seasoned Clancy reader (and a fan), but because of schoolwork. Oh well and of course I did have an English project which I chose to do on Clancy.
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

The Prince by Jerry Pournelle
            Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
            Hyperwar, Whats New
            World War II Resources
            The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
              Here's another one I stumbled across;
              http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=16687

Comment

Suggested before on those other/earlier threads;
                The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Robert A. Heinlein
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moo...Harsh_Mistress
                Tom Clancy has said of Robert A. Heinlein, "We proceed down the path marked by his ideas. He shows us where the future is." Nowhere is this more true than in Heinlein's gripping tale of revolution on the moon in 2076, where "Loonies" are kept poor and oppressed by an Earth-based Authority that turns huge profits at their expense. A small band of dissidents, including a one-armed computer jock, a radical young woman, a past-his-prime academic and a nearly omnipotent computer named Mike, ignite the fires of revolution despite the near certainty of failure and death.
                http://www.amazon.com/The-Moon-Is-Ha.../dp/0312863551

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                  Is the Dream of Eagles series the same as the Camulod series? If so it is great.
                  The very same
                  Wheel of Time is pretty good.

I think both would be better as a series a la Game of Thrones.
                  Actually I completely agree. They're simply too large for movies

I've yet to read Cornwell's Arturian books but do intend to. His Sharpe and Saxon series are great.
                  You'll love them I'm guessing.
                  BoRG
                  "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

I'm hopeful that Thrawn makes an appearance in the upcoming films. I bet that if he does, his story will be altered tho.
                    I've always hoped that the Thrawn trilogy would be made into films, but with the original actors now in their sixties (and in Ford's case, early seventies), they'd have to be recast.

Destroyermen is good (I'm reading Firestorm at the moment).
                    Book #7 comes out in paperback next month, the same date book #8 is published.
                    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                      Suggested before on those other/earlier threads;
                      The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Robert A. Heinlein
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moo...Harsh_Mistress
                      Tom Clancy has said of Robert A. Heinlein, "We proceed down the path marked by his ideas. He shows us where the future is." Nowhere is this more true than in Heinlein's gripping tale of revolution on the moon in 2076, where "Loonies" are kept poor and oppressed by an Earth-based Authority that turns huge profits at their expense. A small band of dissidents, including a one-armed computer jock, a radical young woman, a past-his-prime academic and a nearly omnipotent computer named Mike, ignite the fires of revolution despite the near certainty of failure and death.
                      http://www.amazon.com/The-Moon-Is-Ha.../dp/0312863551
                      One of my Lt's. called that book "seditious" and threw my copy overboard. My revenge was sweet.
                      Hyperwar, Whats New
                      World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by ElefantPanzer View Post
                        Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy

Invasion by Eric L. Harry
                        Yep I second That !

Comment

The Death World trilogy
                          Foundation , Foundation and Empire , and Second Foundation ,
                          All of The At The Earth's Core Novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs . I know they made a few cheap ones . But I mean some real good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
                            The Death World trilogy
                            Foundation , Foundation and Empire , and Second Foundation ,
                            All of The At The Earth's Core Novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs . I know they made a few cheap ones . But I mean some real good ones.
                            First two, agreed. But ERB was a very bad writer.
                            Hyperwar, Whats New
                            World War II Resources

Comment

Anything by David Baldacci.

Anything by Larry Bond.

Anything by Stephen Coonts.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
                                First two, agreed. But ERB was a very bad writer.
                                I disagree strongly . I like all of his work. Tarzan, John Cater of Mars, David Innes at the Earth's Core, Carson Napier of Venus . And his other non serires novels . I dissagree ! Very Strongly ! Very, Very Strongly !
                                In fact do you know that the city of Trazanna Calif was named after Tarzan of The apes. So again I disagree very, very strongly.

Comment

Working...
                                X