Unforgiven-Japanese Samurai remake of Clint's classic movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unforgiven-Japanese Samurai remake of Clint's classic movie

The film stars Ken Watanabe (Inception) as a swordsman who takes a job as a bounty killer. It's the same role that Eastwood played in the original film, but he was a retired outlaw gunman.

The story takes place in the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido in the 1880s, during a time when Japanese settlers were displacing the native Ainu people. Watanabe plays a samurai with a fearsome reputation as a swordsman who is living in retirement with his Ainu wife when poverty and a large bounty tempt him into action again.

I'm not sure when the movie will be released in the U.S., but it's set to be released in Japan on September 13th, 2013. The movie was directed by Lee Sang-il (Hula Girls) and also stars Kunimura Jun, Yagira Yuya,Sato Koichi, Emoto Akira, Koike Eiko, and Kutsuna Shioli.

The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Interesting... its like a reverse tribute for Seven Samurai being made as the Magnificent Seven...

Comment

Looks good. Will definitely check it out when it hits stateside. Watanabe is a great actor.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

"But I was buirding a house".

"A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Watanabe is perhaps better known for his role as the Samurai lord in The Last Samurai opposite Tom Cruise.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Watanabe is perhaps better known for his role as the Samurai lord in The Last Samurai opposite Tom Cruise.
            Or the sympathetic Japanese general n Letters of Iwo Jima - also an Eastwood movie.
            You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

That does look good...hope it's released here!
              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Hellboy30 : Do you know that Clint Eastwoods movie . A Fist Full of Dollars comes from the Japanese Samuri movie Titled Yojimbo ( The Bodyguard ) If you watch both you will see it. But Akira Kurasawa said his movie was pirated by Sergio Leon . Go Figure ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
                  Hellboy30 : Do you know that Clint Eastwoods movie . A Fist Full of Dollars comes from the Japanese Samuri movie Titled Yojimbo ( The Bodyguard ) If you watch both you will see it. But Akira Kurasawa said his movie was pirated by Sergio Leon . Go Figure ?
                  Yes, my coworker & I were discussing that the other day....he is a huge fan of Akira Kurasawa, & I have seen most of his films as well.
                  The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
                    Turnabout is fair play after all. Even if it's 40 some years later.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30 View Post
                      Yes, my coworker & I were discussing that the other day....he is a huge fan of Akira Kurasawa, & I have seen most of his films as well.
                      Okay I just wanted to point it out.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                        Turnabout is fair play after all. Even if it's 40 some years later.
                        Yes quite true

Comment

I want to watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                            That does look good...hope it's released here!
                            If not, there's always Amazon and it's sure to have subtitles. That's my just-in-case plan.
                            Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X