Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish War movies on II WW

Hello all,

Poles just made several movies concerning II WW. The first, called 'Mystery of the Westerplatte' is dedicated to the defenders of Polish famous stronghold - Westerplatte. Attack on Westarplatte on the morning of the 1st September was a symbolic start of the war. Poles held for 7 days inflicting substanital losses on German assault teams that were trying to take Westerplatte in first two days of the war.

The second film, cald 'Chase' is about Polish underground movemnt. It concentrates on the fate of one Home Army's executor, who is responsible for elemination of traitors, German soldiers, etc. Very emotional one.

Hope You would be able to see them both one day.
    "[...]

While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
    Sailed in through the foggy dew.

[...]"

Thanks for the info.
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Any chance of English subtitles?

Turning up the volume never seems to work.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

^ Get yourself a Polish Mother (and her whole family on both sides) and you'll want to turn the volume down a little
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Any chance of English subtitles?

Turning up the volume never seems to work.
          Got mine from Amazon.ca:
          Excellent film
          http://www.amazon.ca/Round-up-Oblawa...eywords=oblawa

Comment

I found "Roza" very impressive.

An honest but very gritty film:

It keeps sticking to my mind, like the movie "The Road" did.

Comment

Amazon.ca

By the way, Amazon.ca, has an excellent section for Polish War Movies:
              http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...ish%20struggle

With many absolute unknown but never the less big budged production films.
              And of course, many classics never released in the west before.

Comment

Red Rowan

I just found a real classic Gem:

http://www.amazon.ca/Red-Rowan-EwaPe...ords=red+rowan

The year is 1945, Nazi Germany still occupies western Poland, having constructed a modern Bunker defenseline, not second to the Maginot line.
                During the spring offensive, the Polish Berling Army wants to break through, to Berlin. For a dated B&W film, the battle scenes are pretty good, interesting are the equipment being used: An Armored Train, SU-75 self propelled Guns, a Panther, some SdKfz's, Stugg and so on.

By the way, the remake of Westerplatte is being released on DVD by Amazon.uk. Off course, I couldn't resist ordering it. You just need a Region-Free DVD player.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/1939-Battle-...s=westerplatte

Comment

Originally posted by Przemyslaw View Post
                  Polish War movies on II WW
                  Aw shucks! My VCR doesn't have a "play backwards" button.

Rimshot

Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
                  ^ Get yourself a Polish Mother (and her whole family on both sides) and you'll want to turn the volume down a little
                  I have one of those. It's a pain more exquisite than mere words can describe, much worse than any mere root canal. She must be experienced to be truly understood.

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    Aw shucks! My VCR doesn't have a "play backwards" button.

Rimshot

I have one of those. It's a pain more exquisite than mere words can describe, much worse than any mere root canal. She must be experienced to be truly understood.

Somehow, Polish Girl's seem to be the prettiest around, and you can't seem to escape'm. My Brother is married to one, and to Her family, if you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by Przemyslaw View Post
                      Hello all,

Poles just made several movies concerning II WW. The first, called 'Mystery of the Westerplatte' is dedicated to the defenders of Polish famous stronghold - Westerplatte. Attack on Westarplatte on the morning of the 1st September was a symbolic start of the war. Poles held for 7 days inflicting substanital losses on German assault teams that were trying to take Westerplatte in first two days of the war.

The second film, cald 'Chase' is about Polish underground movemnt. It concentrates on the fate of one Home Army's executor, who is responsible for elemination of traitors, German soldiers, etc. Very emotional one.

Hope You would be able to see them both one day.
                      Oblawa: I loved the scene with the two cut of SS Einsatzgruppen soldier's
                      head's in the stew, with their helmets still on.

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                        Somehow, Polish Girl's seem to be the prettiest around, and you can't seem to escape'm. My Brother is married to one, and to Her family, if you know what I mean
                        They are pretty, I can attest to that. What I was counting on was the family. I guess that's the price one pays for such beauty.
                        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X