Man of Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man of Steel

Got my fingers crossed. I was always a Superman fan over Batman, in the D.C. universe anyways. This doesn't look half bad, but I've been burned before.

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
    This doesn't look half bad, but I've been burned before.
    Very pertinent. I have given up on getting excited for these movies. Instead, I just go in expecting garbage and enjoy being pleasantly surprised sometimes. I think Green Lantern finally broke my spirit.

Comment

I am scared as I think this trailer makes it look like the most amazing film ever. I hope it can live up to it! I've heard DC are going to announce their plans to do the same as Marvel "in the next several weeks". I guess it depends on whether Man of Steel does better than Superman Returns
      http://www.victoryatseagame.com/

Comment

The real point at which I began to tentatively feel a slight bit of excitement for this movie is when I saw Michael Shannon was going to be General Zod.

Comment

Originally posted by evilgoldfish View Post
          I guess it depends on whether Man of Steel does better than Superman Returns
          Yup, according to rumours DC's attempt to do the movie "world building" Marvel did depends on Man of Steel doing well in the box office (and prove Batman isn't the only DC hero that can handle a mega-blockbuster).
          If it's a hit, they should go ahead with laying the groundwork for an eventual Justice League movie, probably with standalone movies first to introduce everyone like with Avengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
            The real point at which I began to tentatively feel a slight bit of excitement for this movie is when I saw Michael Shannon was going to be General Zod.
            Yeah love Shannon, great actor

Comment

Still do not understand why directors use shaky hand cameras. It does not simulate real life and looks cheap.

But, as for the trailer, I've been following Man of Steel for a while now, and I am looking forward to seeing it. Doesn't mean it will be good or it won't be good, but I'll give it a shot and hope it's great.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

If it's not amazing I will be most annoyed with Nolan and Snyder

Comment

Originally posted by evilgoldfish View Post
                  If it's not amazing I will be most annoyed with Nolan and Snyder
                  What if it's merely "good" but not amazing?
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    What if it's merey "good" but not amazing?
                    I'll just rub a bit of dirt in their eye

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                        Still do not understand why directors use shaky hand cameras. It does not simulate real life and looks cheap.
                        I think it started, or at the very least got exposure (pun intended ) when Spielberg used it in Saving Private Ryan. His intention was to make it look like the movie was being filmed by a combat photographer in the thick of it. Somewhere along the line it became a stylistic and lost any attachment to its original purpose.
                        ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Oh, good...another remake with Russell Crowe as Jorel. Since Jorel is not a key player, that means the studio brought in a big name for a little bit part to try and boost attendance, and that is never a good sign.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                            I think it started, or at the very least got exposure (pun intended ) when Spielberg used it in Saving Private Ryan. His intention was to make it look like the movie was being filmed by a combat photographer in the thick of it. Somewhere along the line it became a stylistic and lost any attachment to its original purpose.
                            Ok, I guess that's good, I really didn't notice it as much in SPR. I do notice it when it's used in non-action shots (like the almost entirety of the Bourne series--it looked like the cameraperson was intentionally and comically overdoing it in a lot of shots). They should just use the damned steady camera, and forget this trendy shaky camera crap. I already have issues with balance and vertigo, I don't need Hollywood's help with that. Especially when I pay as much as I do to see a movie anymore.

But Man of Steel looks interesting and maybe even good. I'll be seeing it, and hoping I can get past the shaky hand camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Oh, good...another remake with Russell Crowe as Jorel. Since Jorel is not a key player, that means the studio brought in a big name for a little bit part to try and boost attendance, and that is never a good sign.
                              All fairness, they did the same thing with Marlon Brando.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X