The Cleveland Show Canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cleveland Show Canceled

Never should have done a spinoff in the first place.
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/fox-ca...how-81419.html

Seth MacFarlane’s The Cleveland Show had been widely expected to be canceled, and The Animation Guild recently confirmed that the show is finished. The show had a respectable four-season run on FOX comprising 88 total episodes.

Fox Animation Studios is still humming along with Family Guy and American Dad so MacFarlane remains busy, though an undetermined number of Cleveland Show rank-and-file will likely be laid off.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Amazing how you can make 88 episodes of something and fail to include any funny whatsoever.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Good now maybe Cleveland will go back to Family Guy and make it funny again.

Comment

There was nothing funny Cleveland would do on that show he couldn't do in Family Guy in the first place... Pointless spinoff if there ever was one. Any good Cleveland story works better as Cleveland centric episode of Family Guy.

Comment

YES! Finally. Cleveland works so much better as an occasional joke then as his own.

Comment

Seth MacFarlane = JJ Abrams = one successful series then everyone in Hollywood thinks you are a god and you can deliver subsequent crap.

Also MacFarlane's ego needs to deflate. Hopefully he's loose some credit and gain some humility after hosting the Oscars.

Comment

Cleveland should have stayed on Family Guy as a "supporting actor". Oh well, he'll be back on that show now.

American Dad is MacFarlane's best work anyway, and much funnier than Family Guy anymore.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I think it'd be kinda funny if Cleveland ended up as Stan's neighbor as a supporting character on American Dad. They both live in Virginia, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
                  I think it'd be kinda funny if Cleveland ended up as Stan's neighbor as a supporting character on American Dad. They both live in Virginia, after all.
                  I'm not sure Cleveland can fit into the paradigm created for American Dad, and the whole comedic racial tension that it would be used for just wouldn't work at this point, it's a fairly matured/seasoned show now.

Note I said "matured" and definitely not "mature".

But if they changed Cleveland's character a bit...then, yeah, it could be very damned funny at times. He's good for a recurring character from time to time, as in the Hurricane Episode. And as is the occassional "giggity" from Quagmire every once in a while.

I'd rather, though, Cleveland return to Family Guy to resume his original role. That was good.
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                    I'd rather, though, Cleveland return to Family Guy to resume his original role. That was good.
                    Yes. "Cleveland's house gets destroyed" (Oh no no no nono!) is probably one of my favorite running gags from Family Guy.

Comment

With the cancellation of the Cleveland show will Cleveland and his current family be moving back to Quahog or will the Character be written out all together>The only thing you can say about the Cleveland Show was that it got rid of King Of The Hill.I'd like to see the Cleveland Show on weeknight on Adult swim as opposed to King of the Hill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X