Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Sails, Starz has a Pirate series in the works as well! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sails, Starz has a Pirate series in the works as well! :)

BLACK SAILS, A new Pirate series!!

The News

And they are actually shooting epiode 1 right about now in Africa!!

Cheers, high hopes for this series as well!!

Tom
    Attached Files

I'm real curious to see how this goes as it takes place 20 years before Robert Louis Stevenson's classic Treasure Island.

Now if the series can continue to that point and through, it should be a great show!!

Also its nice to know that minimal green scren will be used as they will have 2 Pirate ships built for most of the action. As well as an entire Cove for Port Royale I beleave.

Knowing Starz as we do it will be adult entertainment, but if tastefully done ( and to the theme/historical aspect back then) then I'm all for it.

Since Episode one is shooting I hope to get more info and some pics as they tend to leak out at times.

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Dammit! I don't want to have to get Starz!
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
        Knowing Starz as we do it will be adult entertainment, but if tastefully done ( and to the theme/historical aspect back then) then I'm all for it.
        Based on what STARZ has actually done, it will be entirely filled with bloody violence and endless profanity with lots of gratuitous sex, rape and nudity. There will be little or no attempt at historical accuracy or perspective, nor much of a plot or storyline. STARZ has discovered, and is riding hard, the concept of lowest common demoninator entertainment by pushing the limits of acceptable viewing.

Increased violently bloody violence and overt torture, aloing with lots and lots of naked sex scenes, is the new profit making tactic of STARZ, HBO, CINEMAX and SPIKE, and it's rapidly infiltrating even the most basic television productions in order to compete for ratings.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
          Dammit! I don't want to have to get Starz!
          Thanks for the post reb, yes you will have to subscribe to Starz, Ha Ha Ha!!

Nevermind the post above, same old same old, I pity the guy and his views.

BUT onto bigger and better things as this is a show about Pirates, and we all know how they really are, LOL

Hoping we get a taste of the British Navy in this one as well, even if it is a CGI ship!!

Cheers, no new info still with this show as well, curious to see how the transformer King will make this tale out to be, lots of action at least I bet!!

And I hope great story arcs and acting as well.

Cheers

Tom

Comment

This might be another Pirate ship pic from the production of the first ep

Cheers

Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

Trailer just dropped.

http://screenrant.com/black-sails-tv-trailer-starz/
              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

I'm looking forward to this show. Spartacus was one of my favorites, and the wife and I are currently enjoying DaVinci's Demons. Plus...pirates!

Comment

Thanks shoeless, I've been away for a bit!!

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

Here it is so you don't have to go through the link

Cheers, more info soon I hope!

Tom

Comment

ARRR!

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Based on what STARZ has actually done, it will be entirely filled with bloody violence and endless profanity with lots of gratuitous sex, rape and nudity. There will be little or no attempt at historical accuracy or perspective, nor much of a plot or storyline. STARZ has discovered, and is riding hard, the concept of lowest common demoninator entertainment by pushing the limits of acceptable viewing.

Increased violently bloody violence and overt torture, aloing with lots and lots of naked sex scenes, is the new profit making tactic of STARZ, HBO, CINEMAX and SPIKE, and it's rapidly infiltrating even the most basic television productions in order to compete for ratings.
                      ARRR! Now THAT'S what we be talkin' about, me bucko! Show it like 'twere. full o' blood n' gore! Fifteen men on a dead man's chest! YO-HO-HO an' a bottle o' rum... ARRRRR!

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

not ta be fergettin'

Aye, noodity too! ARRR!
                        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I completely approve of the two posts above me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X