The Oscars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oscars Thread

Did you watch? Del and I did this morning. I have no idea who the girl was who sang 'All That Jazz.' But we were eating breakfast and he said something about she needed a (other word for breast-as in A bird-mouse?)
    '+++ stunt double.' I spit a mouthful of coffee on him.
    Skyfall did good. 2 awards.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said holy f--k Del! I had no idea my daughter Sam had just walked in.

Comment

Oscars, just another name for a circle jerk.

Comment

Only watched it to see how Seth MacFarlane would do.
        We DVR it to critique it the next day.

Comment

roses are red
          violets are glorious
          i have more legs
          than oscar pissedorious.

Oops sorry wrong oscar

Rob

Comment

I ain't singing I saw your boobs either.

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
              Probably should have gotten more. A masterful touch to replace Daniel Craig with Pete Townsend of The Who to play OO7.

And all this time, I just saw him as a good rhythm guitarist who had probably never fired a gun equipped with a silencer in his entire life.

Philip
              "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                Did you watch? Del and I did this morning. I have no idea who the girl was who sang 'All That Jazz.' But we were eating breakfast and he said something about she needed a (other word for breast-as in A bird-mouse?)
                '+++ stunt double.' I spit a mouthful of coffee on him.
                Catherine Zeta-Jones.

The awards were odd this year, but the MC did a surprisingly good job. He can really sing!
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I knew that! Google Seth MacFarlane you tube music

Comment

I liked it. I love the Oscars more when the host makes fun of the actors. Or makes jokes that make them uncomfortable, like the Abe Lincoln joke. Or the I saw your boob song when one of the actresses looked unhappy (I don't know why she frowned, she was the one going topless for money after all).

Life of Pi got way too much recognition. The Hobbit not enough. At least Skyfall won a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                      I liked it. I love the Oscars more when the host makes fun of the actors. Or makes jokes that make them uncomfortable, like the Abe Lincoln joke. Or the I saw your boob song when one of the actresses looked unhappy (I don't know why she frowned, she was the one going topless for money after all).

Life of Pi got way too much recognition. The Hobbit not enough. At least Skyfall won a couple.
                      Usual Oscar politics.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I am going to see Les Mis sat. (movies come here about two months behind the states) how did it do? Any of you see it?
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                        John Adams, 1770

Comment

Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
                          I am going to see Les Mis sat. (movies come here about two months behind the states) how did it do? Any of you see it?
                          I liked it, but it's really a case of whether you enjoy musical drama or not.

Both Jackman (Valjean), and Crowe (Javert) copied with the vocals reasonably well, while Redmayne (Marius) was excellent, I thought.
                          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Jennifer Lawrence seems pretty cool, in that she's not completely lost to Hollywood yet.

MacFarlane was pretty lousy, but whatever.
                            "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Macfarlane did what Macfarlane does. One of two things must therefore be true.

Either the acedamy is manned by a bunch of idiots who had no idea who Macfarlane was or what his brand of comedy was, or they did know and chose him because of it to increase ratings. I lean toward the latter.

As for his boobs song, any actress upset over it should simply shut up. They have proven that for the right price they are willing to bare themselves for anyone in the world to see willing to buy a movie ticket. They can't whine now when someone calls them on it.

It takes a tremendous amount of personal courage and fortitude to do what Macfarlane did, stand up in front of not only a live audience but millions watching on TV and continue to professionally conclude a bit one knows is going badly. Whether in poor taste or not, I applaud him for that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X