Elementry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elementry

Okay I just want to see how many people are watching this show besides me . I always say.
    " They can't make a bad Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson for me " Because I like them all . I've seen as many as I can and what still facinates me how Sherlock can come into a room and notice thing others don't. I still wonder how he does That ?

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
    Okay I just want to see how many people are watching this show besides me . I always say.
    " They can't make a bad Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson for me " Because I like them all . I've seen as many as I can and what still facinates me how Sherlock can come into a room and notice thing others don't. I still wonder how he does That ?
    Good writers? Iím watching the show.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Thanks Tsar

Comment

I like it because it's quirky, and because it's challenging to follow the chain of logic.

It's an interesting role for Lucy Liu, too. Not much of a role for Aidan Quinn, though.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I've seen a few episodes, before I pulled the plug, anyway.

It looks good, but not great.
          I think this is one of those series that will need a season or two to find it's greatness... and given the current climate, no series that does not take off like a rocket is tolerated by the studios.
          M*A*S*H would thus have never made it past it's first year, in today's psychotic market.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

So far I'm enjoying it. Particularly the amoral nature of some of Holmes solutions. My wife goes for quirky character development and she loves it.
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
              I've seen a few episodes, before I pulled the plug, anyway.

It looks good, but not great.
              I think this is one of those series that will need a season or two to find it's greatness... and given the current climate, no series that does not take off like a rocket is tolerated by the studios.
              M*A*S*H would thus have never made it past it's first year, in today's psychotic market.
              Yeah...it's a little too intelligent for the beer and football crowd.

Comment

Okay I just want to see how many people are watching this show besides me.
                I do. Not a great show, but tolerable, even its lack of originality is calming in some way. I would give it four stars, five for JL Miller, who is good playing psychos, and three for all the rest.
                Last edited by Artyom_A; 26 Feb 13, 12:02.

Comment

I like it. We're at the first season now here in Italy. I hope it's going ahead with further seasons?

He does that thanks to keen senses and strong observation capabilities, and training to use them. I think he also has eidetic memory.
                  But then he adds encyclopedical knowledge to interpret the clue. Note how Watson gradually learns his procedure, and sometimes makes use of it, but she's bound to notice, and read, medical details, because that's what she knows about. Holmes knows about everything.
                  Michele

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                    So far I'm enjoying it. Particularly the amoral nature of some of Holmes solutions. My wife goes for quirky character development and she loves it.

I think the point is that Holmes, by his almost sociopathic character, could easily be on either side of the justice issue. The good guys just happen to be paying the bills. As you say, "amoral" and then some. Lui, like the original Watson, is cast as his conscience.

Funny, though, when Holmes decided Watson should take self-defense lessons, Lui having made her career with martial arts films.

Comment

I've seen all of the episodes so far. It's my favourite new series of 2012-13. JLM is excellent in this version of the character. (Maybe know he'll be known for more than just being Angelina Jolie's first husband.) Rucy Riu, I mean Lucy Liu, does a good job of being Watson without taking the focus away from Holmes.

As good as the cast is, however, it's all down to the writing. As long as that stays up to par I think the series will last.

Cheers,
                      Dan.
                      So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

It's a very good show.A lot better than watching dimmwitted sitcoms like THE BIG BANG THEORY.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X