Battlestar Galactaca: Chrome And Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactaca: Chrome And Blood

I saw the pilot episode last PM - two hours of high quality sci-fi...this time starting at the beginning of Adama's career and the First Cylon War. Outstanding!!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Nuts, I haven't even worked my way through BG yet (thanks, Blue-ray player). I don't like Sci Fi as a rule, but Battlesar Galactica is the exception.
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

I was just about to issue a pilot episode alert. It comes on SciFi at today, like right now, 4:00pm Central time.

Comment

It seems it was released in 9 episodes online. They're on youtube if anyone is interested.

Last edited by copenhagen; 12 Feb 13, 05:06.

Comment

I've watched the first three episodes. Its so well made. I can't believe they've canned this already. Why do they keep canning the good stuff and we get more and more of the "the real house wives of bitchville USA" C'mon!

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
            I've watched the first three episodes. Its so well made. I can't believe they've canned this already. Why do they keep canning the good stuff and we get more and more of the "the real house wives of bitchville USA" C'mon!
            Yeah, it seems that the networks want to force feed us reality crap because it is cheaper for them to produce and the sheeple are lapping it up.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
              Yeah, it seems that the networks want to force feed us reality crap because it is cheaper for them to produce and the sheeple are lapping it up.
              Uh oh, there's that word again!

Makes me glad I bailed on PC after they locked my thread.

And, in all earnest; I pulled the plug on the Dish TV a couple weeks ago. Don't miss it at all. In fact, I haven't even bothered to start my free month of Netflix yet.
              Maybe next month.

Really hesitating to even look at this one here, the last BSG spin-off was a mess, just miserable.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                Uh oh, there's that word again!

Makes me glad I bailed on PC after they locked my thread.

And, in all earnest; I pulled the plug on the Dish TV a couple weeks ago. Don't miss it at all. In fact, I haven't even bothered to start my free month of Netflix yet.
                Maybe next month.

Really hesitating to even look at this one here, the last BSG spin-off was a mess, just miserable.
                Yes, it was, but this one goes back to basics with some excellent effects and sets, and we learn that Lieutenant Adama was a hot dog with an attitude problem.

Comment

It was a pretty good two hours, a shame they did not pick it up as the series as they planned. 23 years though, that was a bit to long as this was getting going in 2010 for gods sake.

Cheers, looks like Defiance is our other hope for SyFy, but there just might be another show, not on that channel in 2014, but thats for another topic!!

Tom

Comment

I bought this movie on a whim, not knowing how good it might turn out to be.

I love the new Battlestar Galactica series. It's so well made, I haven't seen anything like that except on cable shows, and that's saying a lot about the quality of broadcast shows.

It's sad that this movie showed exactly what a sci-fi show ought to look like. It's a high quality show with some good character development. A lot of potential in this show, and it's already cancelled?

Reality shows? What a load of crap. SyFy Channel is full of crap, and unfortunately, for us, none of network executives realize that. Or it could be that they don't care as long they can make cheap shows that turn modest profit instead of you know, actually producing a high quality show that will endure for a long time to come.

Thanks to the idiocy which is abounding across all network shows, I'm stuck with few good quality shows, and they're all on cable. Idiots.

Idiots!

Dan
                    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Thanks for showing that, it was a good little movie.

Thought we might be seeing the future Mrs Adama there, even looked the part... but, oh well.

Here's a little gem I found while surfing the BSG stuff. The best series ever had the best final episode ever;

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                        It was a pretty good two hours, a shame they did not pick it up as the series as they planned. 23 years though, that was a bit to long as this was getting going in 2010 for gods sake.

Cheers, looks like Defiance is our other hope for SyFy, but there just might be another show, not on that channel in 2014, but thats for another topic!!

Tom
                        Compared to what" Star Trek, still going on today and facing yet anoher revival?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/217650374...ar-trek-reboot

Comment

If you start reading into the new Trek flick, it might not be what everyone wants, not a "huge fan" to start with.

Cheers, Defiance like I posted before just might be worth watching and their next big franchise, can't wait to seeit, though as to the video game, probably not... LOL

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                            If you start reading into the new Trek flick, it might not be what everyone wants, not a "huge fan" to start with.

Cheers, Defiance like I posted before just might be worth watching and their next big franchise, can't wait to seeit, though as to the video game, probably not... LOL

Tom
                            What about Continuum? It's a decent show. It could turn out to be good.

What is their next big franchise? Could you elaborate on that?

Dan
                            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Sure, Continuum, not to bad of a show, I'm at the SyFy site all the time.

KEY thing there is for SyFy US to pick up the second season that is being shot sometime soon over in Canada, SyFy UK already has, but not here as of yet.

Ratings for the show are not GREAT but as SyFy just pays for it to run here and does not produce it, we just might be able to see it here next year.

Deiance, I'll make a new thread on it, looks prety good if they don't screw ip up, and have plenty of people watching it.

What I am really excited about is another show set to show in 2014, from STARZ Steve Deknight, of Spartacus fame.
                              I'll have another thread on that to, but real info is not quite available, as of yet.

Cheers, thanks for the interest Dan!! My fav show over at SyFy is Being Human, followed by Continuum, then Ghost mine, LOL!!

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X