"Masters of the Air" coming to HBO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Masters of the Air" coming to HBO.

Spielberg and Hanks are getting together again, this time for a miniseries on the European Air war based on the book Masters of the Air by Donald L. Miller. I just picked up the book, its an excellent read so far.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...iseries-413632

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!
    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

I wonder what the course of the series will be. Will it focus on a certain crew or squadron and its course through the war? Will they have one episode about fighters?

Either way, I look forward to it very much.

Comment

Excellent!
        I'm glad they're showing what Bomber crews went through as they suffered enormous casualties.

Comment

This will be a welcome addition to the WWII lineup.
          "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Yes! More fuel for folks to constantly ask "when is this out?" and when it comes out to nitpick the hell out of it and say "They got this and that wrong and it wasn't as good as Band of Brothers!"

... and will Capt. Winters make a cameo in this?

Comment

Something to look forward to.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                  Excellent!
                  I'm glad they're showing what Bomber crews went through as they suffered enormous casualties.
                  There's much more to it than that. We weren't just weak victims in the war who need to be pitied. I would rather be hated and seen as evil than seen as pitiful. These were brave men who understood the risks and went into battle, as was their duty.

Yes! More fuel for folks to constantly ask "when is this out?" and when it comes out to nitpick the hell out of it and say "They got this and that wrong and it wasn't as good as Band of Brothers!"
                  We can just tell them how smart they are and ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypaspist View Post
                    There's much more to it than that. We weren't just weak victims in the war who need to be pitied. I would rather be hated and seen as evil than seen as pitiful. These were brave men who understood the risks and went into battle, as was their duty.
                    I didn't imply that at all most people don't realize how dangerous it was for Bomber crews as they had a low chance of surviving the required 25 missions and it was vital that Bomber's completed their missions in order to win the war.
                    Last edited by VinceW; 28 Jan 13, 14:11.

Comment

Looking forward to it, although I hope besides the focus on the bomber crews we get some well done WWII dogfighting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                        Klaudia Tanner
                        by casanova
                        During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                        Yesterday, 23:56
                      • Karri
                        Doom Patrol
                        by Karri
                        Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                        Yesterday, 23:55
                      • Nikki
                        Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                        by Nikki
                        Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                        Yesterday, 23:03
                      Working...
                      X