Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Horse Soldiers...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Horse Soldiers...

    One of the Dook's finest... in my 'umble opinion.

    horse.jpg

    The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

  • #2
    Horses been in all of man's wars...Horses are the true soldiers. Shame how we treat horses when they don't do so well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
      One of the Dook's finest... in my 'umble opinion.



      One of my all time favorites.
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

      Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by firefoxy View Post
        Horses been in all of man's wars...Horses are the true soldiers. Shame how we treat horses when they don't do so well.


        WE?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

        Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

        you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've seen it many times. It was the first movie I ever went to see when as a six week old I saw it with Mom and Dad at the local drive-in...

          Thereafter a story I heard evertime it ever came on TV....
          Lance W.

          Peace through superior firepower.

          Comment


          • #6
            A classic performance by both Wayne and Holden.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              It is a shame they used John Wayne to portray a music teacher that was afraid of horses. I doubt Grierson traveled with a 20 something year old spinster either. Other than this, the movie was entertaining.

              Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

              Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

              by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by firefoxy View Post
                Horses been in all of man's wars...Horses are the true soldiers. Shame how we treat horses when they don't do so well.
                I like horses, I have cared for a couple, but when it comes to animals we must be realistic.

                Even in the special relationship between man and dogs if it becomes a matter of survival we will eat the dogs (unless you are Don Johnson in "A Boy and His Dog" - where he and his dog eat the pretty girl!). We have often done the same with our horses.

                I, personally, don’t like horse meat - but dog can be quite tasty.

                "No sensible man loves a horse, you tolerate the beast because riding is better than walking." Glen Ford, movie “Cowboy”, 1958

                "Ride it until it drops; put a fire under it to get it back up; ride it until it dies, then eat it." Indian philosophy re: horses:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  It is a shame they used John Wayne to portray a music teacher that was afraid of horses. I doubt Grierson traveled with a 20 something year old spinster either. Other than this, the movie was entertaining.

                  Pruitt
                  They used Grierson's Raid as the basis for the movie but it was not a recounting of the Raid. Wayne's character was named Marlowe and prior to the war he built railroads.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    At least Wayne didn't change hats three or four times. One of his better films.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                    Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                    you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mimike View Post
                      I like horses, I have cared for a couple, but when it comes to animals we must be realistic.

                      Even in the special relationship between man and dogs if it becomes a matter of survival we will eat the dogs (unless you are Don Johnson in "A Boy and His Dog" - where he and his dog eat the pretty girl!). We have often done the same with our horses.

                      I, personally, don’t like horse meat - but dog can be quite tasty.

                      "No sensible man loves a horse, you tolerate the beast because riding is better than walking." Glen Ford, movie “Cowboy”, 1958

                      "Ride it until it drops; put a fire under it to get it back up; ride it until it dies, then eat it." Indian philosophy re: horses:
                      What ever.

                      I like when I see a human get kicked by a horse, then we should let the human lie in suffer.

                      I like John Wayne, he loved his horse so much, he had his horse 'Trigger' stuffed. Trigger died happy and of old age.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post


                        WE?
                        Yes, every nationality is cable of animal cruelty but we are not known for it etc... US, Australia, Germany, UK...we have animal cruelty laws. But however, Spaniards, Canadians and Japanese are the worst at it and are known for it.

                        OH by the way, the US used more than their fair share of Horses in wars. In civil wars!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by firefoxy
                          I like John Wayne, he loved his horse so much, he had his horse 'Trigger' stuffed. Trigger died happy and of old age.
                          Trigger...wasn't that Roy Rodgers?
                          ------
                          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

                          If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by firefoxy View Post
                            What ever.

                            I like when I see a human get kicked by a horse, then we should let the human lie in suffer.

                            I like John Wayne, he loved his horse so much, he had his horse 'Trigger' stuffed. Trigger died happy and of old age.
                            So much for your knowledge Heidi. It hasn't improved one bit during you pause.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by firefoxy View Post
                              Yes, every nationality is cable of animal cruelty but we are not known for it etc... US, Australia, Germany, UK...we have animal cruelty laws. But however, Spaniards, Canadians and Japanese are the worst at it and are known for it.

                              OH by the way, the US used more than their fair share of Horses in wars. In civil wars!!!!!!!
                              We didn't have trucks. The Germans did.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X