Django Unchained!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Django Unchained!

I went and saw it last night. I did not expect a lot so I enjoyed myself. I think it was good to see Bruce Dern and Don Johnson get work. I never could understand how they were always able to get to the mountains so quickly or how there was so much dry terrain in Mississippi, but that is Hollywood for you.

Christoph Waltz does a great job again, while Jamie Fox was passable. Samuel L Jackson was masterful! My favorite scene was when the Night Riders stopped! You will have to see the movie to appreciate it!

Anyone else see it yet?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

I plan on seeing it. I've enjoyed all of Tarantino's films from one degree to another.

At least you know what you're going to get when you watch a Tarantino flick.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

There is almost as much blood in this movie as "From Dusk, til Dawn"!

Pruitt

Comment

Call me weird, but I just don't find Tarantino's films all that entertaining. To me it just seems like mindless killing and swearing. Now I'm not prude in that sense- I see all kinds of violent movies (and frequently enjoy them), but Quentin's just seem pointless. We live in a violent enough society as it is...

Unlike Inglorious Basterds, which I made the mistake of seeing, I think I'll sit this one out.
        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

I can't wait either. Waltz is a superb actor, imho. I can't wait to see DiCaprio as a bad guy. I loved IB. I think I've seen it 30+ times.
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
            Call me weird, but I just don't find Tarantino's films all that entertaining. To me it just seems like mindless killing and swearing. Now I'm not prude in that sense- I see all kinds of violent movies (and frequently enjoy them), but Quentin's just seem pointless. We live in a violent enough society as it is...

Unlike Inglorious Basterds, which I made the mistake of seeing, I think I'll sit this one out.
            No offense but you're probably not old enough to get most of the cultural references Tarantino films have in them.

While his films are violent what really sets them apart is the excellent writing and conversations the characters have.

BTW check out Jackie Brown theres hardly any violence in that one. Really good flick.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Call me weird, but I just don't find Tarantino's films all that entertaining.
              I'd be doubly weird.
              From Duck till Dawn was fun, everything else was just mean and creepy.

Voted worst war movie of all time, I agree.

I'm old enough to get almost any movie reference. Tarantino is just gross, crass, mean and nasty.
              and then the jack-ass has the nerve to be upset about gun-violence... typical.

I'll let Jamie Fox brag about how much fun it is to kill white people in an empty theater.
              "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                I'd be doubly weird.
                From Duck till Dawn was fun, everything else was just mean and creepy.

Voted worst war movie of all time, I agree.

I'm old enough to get almost any movie reference. Tarantino is just gross, crass, mean and nasty.
                and then the jack-ass has the nerve to be upset about gun-violence... typical.

I'll let Jamie Fox brag about how much fun it is to kill white people in an empty theater.
                Well as the old saying goes...

Opinions are like assholes.

Everyones got one and they all stink.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Quentin is the Chouchou ,the fave,of the french movie critics.
                  This guy gives us what we want to see when we're thinking of the American way of life.He's ,imo,one of the best and IB is the most funny war film i 've seen for years.The portrait of the France during occupation is the beautest pack of clichés ever made,but is also the most amazing.
                  That rug really tied the room together

Comment

It's a lot of fun, and funny like IB.

This time it's not Nazis and the French, but slaves and racist southern whites/white trash that get into the fun zone.

I was not expecting Jackson's character to be such an Uncle Tom.
                    Last edited by Cult Icon; 04 Jan 13, 16:28.
                    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

I noticed they re-cut the trailer after awhile. It gives quite a different impression of the movie and almost cuts out Waltz's character completely. It looks much dumber in the new trailer, maybe that's the audience they want, for $$$ reasons.
                      "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

It is possible they feel all the people who wanted to see Waltz have already come and they will sell the movie on Foxx's role. This a shame as I feel Jackson and Waltz do a better job.

Pruitt

Comment

I saw it last week and though it dragged at the end I enjoyed it. You have to eliminate almost any belief in factual history and view it like its a cartoon. Waltz and Dicaprio were great, and some of the most violent scenes were also the funniest.
                          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
                            You have to eliminate almost any belief in factual history and view it like its a cartoon.
                            Exactly.

I've never understood how people get so upset about Inglorious Basterds. It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

I view Tarantino movies as comic book type stories.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Saw it the other day and really enjoyed it. Big Cowboy guns, underlever rifles, smart arsed one liners...
                              and the usual, excellenty understated, bloodletting!

The long toll of the brave
                              Is not lost in darkness
                              Over the fruitful earth
                              And athwart the seas
                              Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                              Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X