Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blues Brothers Had A Cocaine Budget

Ha, like anyone didn't realize:

“We had a budget in the movie for cocaine for night shoots,” Dan Aykroyd tells Vanity Fair contributing editor Ned Zeman of the careening, madcap production of John Landis’s 1980 movie, The Blues Brothers, in which he starred alongside John Belushi. “Everyone did it, including me. Never to excess, and not ever to where I wanted to buy it or have it.

[...]

Zeman recounts how, one night at three ᴀ.ᴍ. while filming on a deserted lot in Harvey, Illinois, Belushi disappeared, which was not uncommon. On a hunch, Aykroyd followed a grassy path until he spied a house with a light on. “Uh, we’re shooting a film over here,” Aykroyd says he told the homeowner. “We’re looking for one of our actors.” The man replied, “Oh, you mean Belushi? He came in here an hour ago and raided my fridge. He’s asleep on my couch.”

[...]

A trip to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, was “like being with Mussolini in Rome,” director John Landis tells Zeman.

Full Article
    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Imgaine the stories they won't tell!
    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Why'm I not surprised?
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And it killed Belushi, and numerous other talented actors and comedians.

Steep price to pay.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X