Two-and-a-Half Men Star Meltsdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-and-a-Half Men Star Meltsdown

Does it bother anyone besides me that this 19 y/o makes $350,000 per episode for doing what he claims he hates? It doesn't bother him enough to quit, obviously.

Is this hypocrisy, drug overdose, or a come-to-Jesus moment?

And who is this mysterious "enemy" and their "plan" that Jones refers to?

Jones, who has played the role of Jake Harper, "the half" on the hit CBS show since 2003, was featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church, in which he says the sitcom contradicts his devout Christian values. The video hit the web on Monday.

In the rant, the 19-year-old actor, who reportedly earns $350,000 an episode, even urges fans to stop watching.

"I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it,” he said. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch."

Jones goes on to express guilt that his profession may be inflicting serious damage on its audience.

"If I am doing any harm, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be contributing to the enemy's plan ... You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't,” he continued. “I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show."
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

He started there as a small kid. The fact he's well paid for doing it was there before he even developed critical thinking, so he can't put himself from an outside perspective and see how ridiculous his "problem" is to those outside. Hypocrisy no doubt, but in this particular case I can barely blame him...

Comment

He is a kid stuck in a contract? Controlled by parents until he is 21?

Who knows, but if he is sincere in his religious feelings, I cannot blame him. The show is pretty raunchy and I doubt any self-respecting Christian would be watching it.
      Homo homini lupus

Comment

I like the show, and Jakes character was a fun one. But if he's sincere then he would be getting rid of every penny he has ever gotten from the show. Other wise he's just another dumb kid that doesn't realize no one cares about his opinion or realize his hypocrisy is crippling.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
          I like the show, and Jakes character was a fun one.
          I saw mostly the earlier seasons, and as a kid he was absolutely hilarious

Comment

That was fast! His handlers must've set him straight. Although he doesn't backtrack completely.

"Two and a Half Men" star Angus T. Jones has apologized to his colleagues for encouraging fans to stop watching the CBS sitcom for which, it must be noted, he earns more than $8 million a year. But in the long mea culpa, he never actually backtracks on the bottom line: That "Two and a Half Men" is trash and quite possibly the work of Satan.

"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," he says in the statement released via his rep to Deadline.com. "I never intended that."
            http://www.nj.com/entertainment/cele...s_apology.html
            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

He's right, it is filth. I think many of us can see that we may be reaping the whirlwind a bit from the complacent attitude we have taken with 'entertainment' and our children. I respect him for trying to take this on, deal with his guilt etc.
              "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefred View Post
                He's right, it is filth. I think many of us can see that we may be reaping the whirlwind a bit from the complacent attitude we have taken with 'entertainment' and our children. I respect him for trying to take this on, deal with his guilt etc.

Because TV is evil, unless filled with angelic music .

I was about to say he could always leave, but I suspect his contract was already drawing to a close.
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

It is. This is supposed to be the last season and his role was being written even smaller than before.

Comment

"Money for nothing and the chicks are free." (M-TV.)

Just more mind poison for the masses.
                    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Well, honestly if he has this religious awakening and now has decided he doesn't want anything to do with what he believes is an immoral show...I don't really think there's anything wrong with that.

HOWEVER, the kid makes $300,000 an episode. So if he's trashing his employers and talking about how he hates his job, but then gleefully accepts his paycheck, that's where the hypocrisy could lie.
                      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        "Money for nothing and the chicks are free." (M-TV.)
                        You do realize that song was written as satire right?

And it's almost 30 years years old...

Do you think Elvis should only be shown from the waste up since he shakes his hips when he sings?
                        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I believe the great orator Charlie Sheen said it best: "Winning!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dunnigan View Post
                            I believe the great orator Charlie Sheen said it best: "Winning!"
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

OMG OMG! Television is corrupting the religious morals and values of Americans!

Religion and morality in the same sentence is oxymoronic, and the show is mildly amusing but pretty bad for the most part.

Jake is pretty much just a stereotypical fat kid, and provides most of the show's minimal entertainment value.

I do agree it's ridiculous for him to criticize the show because A, it's not doing any of the things he says it is, and B, if he's so worked up about it he should donate all his earnings to his zealotical cause and quit.
                              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X