Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    But. The car got blown up
    I know! "NOT THE CAR!!!" was the thought going through my mind!
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Me too. After the dog show, I'm gonna watch it again, and again. I've got it for 24 hours. Thankfully.
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Me too. After the dog show, I'm gonna watch it again, and again. I've got it for 24 hours. Thankfully.
        Definitely worth watching again.

Maybe I'll add that as another life goal: watch all 3 Daniel Craig Bond movies in the same day. Of course, the other related life goal is watching the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy in one day. I think watching the 007s would take less time...
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Guaranteed. I can watch them, I have them all on tape.

Comment

Guaranteed. I can watch them, I have them all on tape.
            !!

One of the perks of Skyfall was the use of the Japanese "Battleship Island" as one of the locations. This island was the site of a coal mine for many years and home to as many as five thousand Japanese at its peak.

Aerial view of Battleship Island:

Best known staircase in center background - goes all the way to the top of the city:

Daniel Craig on site with a piece of set dresssing:
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 14 Feb 13, 19:29.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Javier Bardem was indeed spectacular in his role as the villain. Best Bond movie in a while.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

Yes Bardem was a real good nutjob. One of the other things I liked was the Scottish estate, and Kincade. It was sure nice to see Albert Finney again.

Comment

I thought that island was totally CGI and a sound stage. That's awesome!

Comment

If this wasn't the best Bond film, it is definitely near the top of the list.
                    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

I thought the movie was quite good.

The villain was played a bit over the top, more like The Joker from the recent Batman movies than a typical Bond villain. Usually Bond villains, no matter how silly or overdone their plans, tend to be a bit ... calmer (?).
                      Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

It was a good Bpnd film but I liked CR better in the end, Bond just seemed so old, and yes, I get that part.

For me using an M plot point again ws just a little much, but the action was pretty good all around.

Cheers, only saw it once so I'll take another look and see if that changes anything.

Tom

Comment

Daniel Craig is younger than the previous Bonds.
                          Even when hired. At different times, you know.
                          Roger Moore-46 when hired in 1973. 57 when he stepped down.
                          Connery was 32 when he did Dr. No. But in Never Say Never Again, he was 53.
                          Timothy Dalton(one of my favorites, never given a good enough story, seems to me all Moore-re-writes) was 43 when the Living Daylights came out.
                          Pierce Brosnan was 42 when he was hired in 1995.
                          When he was removed, he was 52.
                          Daniel Craig was 37 when hired to play Bond.
                          March 2nd he will be 45.
                          Not to forget. Lazenby was 28 in his only outing.
                          So old? Bond isn't supposed to be 21. 45 and rugged is a Bond to me. I'd say he's good for one, maybe 2 more.
                          After that it us up to him and Barbara Brocolli.
                          I know too damn much about the Bonds.

Comment

Daniel Craig would be a little like Stallone then, being of...advanced age, but still in the action.

--Hávamál

Comment

Look at the shape Craig and Stallone are in. Better than this guy.

Comment

Look at the shape Craig and Stallone are in. Better than this guy.
                                Hehe not getting much exercise, eh?

Sometime this summer, my Dad (in his early 60s), brother, and I will be hiking to Mount Whitney in the southern California desert, from the forests to the north of Whitney. Though I'm always in good aerobic shape from swimming, you can bet we're all going to prepare and get in even better/hiking shape. Especially Dad.

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X