Skyfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyfall

Saw this with Pax last night - terrific film in more ways than one! A clear closure of the old Bond films and the era of the new ones.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

I was also quite impressed by it. Awesome ending, especially. I thought they did pretty well in making it exciting and interesting but simpler, perhaps, than the previous one or two.
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Is it true the villian is some evil corporation, or clownish corporate villian?

Comment

Nope, I think that was Quantum. In Skyfall the foe is a rogue agent turn Cyber terrorist as I recall. Very well played by the actor.

Great film, loved it. Looking forward to the Blu-Ray release.
        ------
        'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

I saw it the other night. Loved it. Lots of good action sequences. I though it had a good "Bond" feel to it.
          Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPT. JOE View Post
            I saw it the other night. Loved it. Lots of good action sequences. I though it had a good "Bond" feel to it.
            Especially with them bringing back the car.

I just love how
            , he's infuriated.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

I twigged "Mallory" and his new secretary early on.
              Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
              Hyperwar, Whats New
              World War II Resources
              The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                Especially with them bringing back the car.

I just love how
                , he's infuriated.
                I got goose bumps when Bond opened the doors and revealed the car, and cried a little

Comment

I got goose bumps when Bond opened the doors and revealed the car, and cried a little
                  Yep me too. I thought

--Hávamál

Comment

Well the villian did seem like he was a little "off his rocker "

Comment

Well the villian did seem like he was a little "off his rocker "
                      One of my cousins was wondering why

--Hávamál

Comment

He was probably the most insane Bond villian I have ever seen.

Comment

Well the villain certainly had his "creepy" moments. I'm not sure if he's the most insane...but you're probably right. There are so many Bond villains that are just cardboard cutouts of each other that I'm having a hard time picking out any that stand above the rest.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Speaking of Bond villains, I googled Blofeld of SPECTRE a while back and found out he was an Allied agent stationed in Turkey during WW2.

I thought that was really funny lol.
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

But. The car got blown up, and we lost M. I hated that part. I love Dame Judi. But I know she has eyesight issues, and I can commiserate with that. Terrific Bond film.
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X