Homeland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland

Any of you keeping tabs on this well job done TV show, Homeland?

In a certain way, it's better than "24" as it slows down the action, but still is fast-paced and acting is phenomenal. I never imagined questioning if it was possible for a couple of American POWs (Walker and Brody) to be turned into a cunning terrorist capable of devastating damage to the counter-terrorist operations, national security, and high-value targets.

I recently bought the first season of Homeland, and I fell in love with that show. I haven't had a chance to watch the ongoing second season, as I never watched show until recently, and I don't have Showtime on my TV. I don't want Showtime, as I would rather to skip nudity and sex scenes. I can never understand why nudity and sex scenes have to be put into the show. I think Homeland got better as the first season progressed, as there are fewer sex scenes and more focused on excellent dialogues between key characters.

I think I will definitely buy the second season as soon as it's available on DVD sometime next year.

Great show! What do you think?

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I'm watching Season 2 on Fox Movies. It's very slow moving compared to the British series 'Spooks', but I've gotten used to that now. Actually, it's a benefit since Saturday's episodes conflict with EPL games on TV, so even if I miss an episode, I haven't lost much of the plot.

I won't say anything about Season 2 since you haven't started it yet. Just to say that is is pretty enthralling, and as you say about Season 1, well-written and very well acted - especially the Brody role.

Philip
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Homeland is a gritty and disturbing series on many levels. I watch it all the time.

I've been a fan of Damien Lewis since Band of Brothers.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I'm on season 2 aswell. I like the actors and the character dynamics, they managed to make the motivation of the returned marine believable

-- spoiler alert --
        during his captivity he bonds with an innocent kid that's killed in an air strike later denied by US leadership, pretty much the only way to make his turning believable: he doesn't want to destroy the US, but rather what he sees as the internal enemies
        -- spolier over --

and I must say Claire Danes is the number one actress for crying and emotional breakdown scenes. She really sells it. The actor playing the returned marine is also very good (Damien Lewis), and I like the way they handled the two CIA superiors, instead of going the obvious route of one being simply a career obcessed burocrat and the other being a wise sage with no flaws, as they do on pretty much every movie and show, they made them both believable and each with his pros and cons. The whole subplot of -- spoiler -- Brody rising in his political career -- over --on season 2 is also very engaging.
        I even like the actress playing the daughter. I don't remember the last time I liked a teenage actress.

Comment

I thought I would like it when I first tuned in last year, but after a couple eps I just stopped watching it.

Cheers, maybe I'll check up on season 2 when I have some extra time, not quite sure yet.

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X