Yes, Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Prime Minister

I loved this show. Sometimes they show it on PBS in Colorado and I can not get enough of it.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
    I loved this show. Sometimes they show it on PBS in Colorado and I can not get enough of it.
    Said to be Margaret Thatcher's favourite television program. All of the two series (Yes, Minister! and Yes, Prime Minister!) could be shown today and they would still be as timely as they were when produced. Do-nothing policies for the sake of show, money spent for the sake of spending, the candidacy for the PM selected because he was the most innocuous, and the civil service controlling everything for the sake of their own Knighthoods and pensions.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Cheers,
    Dan.
    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Classic TV - great chemistry between the cast, great acting from all concerned and spot on in terms of the politics and reality.
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Working...
      X