Red Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn

I saw some trailers for the new Red Dawn remake on tv lately and it looked pretty cool. I hope it is just as good as the original. I was a little unsure about it when I first heard they were remaking it.
    Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

This may be one of the few movies that I pay to see between now and the end of the year.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I am fully confident that they will seriously F it up and ruin the kick-ass'ness of the original for the post millenial generations.

Comment

It will not have the same feel as when the original came out.

I hope it is good, but the original cast is tough to duplicate.
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

I saw the preview and thought it looked a bit ridiculous.

Comment

The USMC

Why is it, that in every single plot, the returning veteran is a Marine. When are we going to hear, "Ummm, I repacked wheel bearings on five tons. But, how hard can it be to set up an L-shaped ambush?"
            ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
              Why is it, that in every single plot, the returning veteran is a Marine. When are we going to hear, "Ummm, I repacked wheel bearings on five tons. But, how hard can it be to set up an L-shaped ambush?"
              Precisely. And why are the heros never named Maude, or Irving? They're all human Claymores, have names like John Walker Marshall, and have chiselled features. Juan Valdez and the Mongolian horde never seem to invade Irving Dinglefritz, the flabby 76 Yankee's home town.

Comment

North Koreans invading the US? That's even less believable than the Chinese doing it in the original cut. Having the Soviets and their allies in the original moving invading the US was bad enough. But at least that was a watchable movie.

I won't go see this one. The premise is too terrible and silly to reward the makers of this movie with my money. If it were aliens invading it would make more sense. That doesn't mean it won't be a good movie, it just means that I will never see it if I have to pay for it.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Sure did enjoy the original .
                  SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                    Sure did enjoy the original .
                    I could go for a Draft House showing of the original. That'd b cool.

Comment

The original was silly but still was a good movie.

This one looks ridiculous IMHO.

Maybe when it comes to Netflix.

And only after I watch the first 500 movies currently in my queue...
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I think the main problem is the writers want to update the script and make it 'relevant'. It is not enough that some high school kids rise up and take on the invaders, we have to throw in a Marine and make them into commandos that steal a secret weapon?

Also with Swayze and Sheen in the original we have 'better' actors. Many of the other actors were very good. Since they don't have many recognizable supporting actors can they match the old cast?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Red Dawn is one of my favorite movies. To be honest I cringed when I saw they had done a remake. With the original so good and it being so accessible, why do it again? I do hope it is done well. Obviously they've changed up the scenario from the original. I don't know, from the trailers it seems to be mostly shooting and explosions. Hope there is a good story. My question is, if it is a different movie why not use an original name?

By the way, the original movie had Latin American invaders supported by Russian advisors not Chinese.

Comment

The problem is financing. Investors will fund a remake of a good movie.

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                              Or something like (me in the same scenario): "D***, if you had asked me to run the logistics for this thing, we'd be gravy. You want me to do what! Attack an army with a squad of hipsters and jocks?! I can't half remember proper patrolling anymore, and you want me to teach a barista how to have fire discipline on a SAW! No thanks, I'll go live in the woods until I find some adults to work with....."
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Klaudia Tanner
                                by casanova
                                During a speech by the Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner to the soldiers one soldier fell down. The minister helped him to stand up again. The...
                                Yesterday, 23:56
                              • Karri
                                Doom Patrol
                                by Karri
                                Anyone else following?

IMO, it's one of the rare good things to come from this whole superhero genre (which is really mostly the same as...
                                Yesterday, 23:55
                              • Nikki
                                Iranian Nuclear Program Setback
                                by Nikki
                                Iran's nuclear program was at an advanced stage, this had to be done. Israel carried out this mission to buy the world some more time....
                                Yesterday, 23:03
                              Working...
                              X