No announcement yet.

World War Z Trailer Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of a mini-series how about a regular series on a cable channel(FX, HBO, showtime)
    There were some elements I recognized from the book in the 1st film
    1.Israel, 2.Battle of Yonkers? 3. The floating city. A series could expand the universe.
    Would a cable channel put out $125 million for a series?
    Maybe it was me but was Brad Pitt trying to channel Tom Cruise from War of the Worlds? I do like Brad Pitt but they should have left out the family angle.
    Otherwise I at present don't have any qualms with film.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
      What Pirateship said- the SAW was M249 instead of the IMI Negev, the Helo was wrong, everyone was hauling "long" M-16's, helmets scheme, fighting with berets all that and much more was way....way....off.

Also- in the book Israel played a somewhat minor role, the author also winked at how he sees Israeli diplomacy (realpolitik, he was way off...).

In the movie however, Israel seems to be in the center of events.

Nonetheless- I'm waiting for this one!
      Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
      Hollywood. They struggle to get their own military right at times, what do you expect with a foreign military? Just be glad their not showing IDF troops wearing the kippah and with full beards.
      I also liked the Humvees painted in high gloss green. I haven't read the book yet, but judging by the trailer, I half-expect to see a last stand behind the walls of Masada. But, I learned a long time ago to just enjoy myself. Being a member of ACG has ruined enough films for me.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

I wasn't all that impressed with the book so the movie being different won't be much of a disappointment to me. I would like to see the Battle of Yonkers though.

I can think of several zombie book series that are far more worthy than this book.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

So they are taking a book that was at its heart a commentary on several social, political, and moral situations (which went over many "yess zombies are so cool" people's heads) and turning it into schlock? Sounds about right.
          Кто там?
          Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
          Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Fast, or tsunami, zombies are more of a threat to world security than slow zombies.

I have never seen a threat of slow-moving zombies as anything but absurd. The slower they move, the easier they are to contain and destroy.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Zombies are a plot device or a metaphor to set up a bigger story. Too many of these new wave of "zombies are cool cause they are trendy" nerds that have cropped up over the past few years care too much about how zombies are portrayed. It is possible to write the best zombie film ever and have no zombie scenes in it.
              Кто там?
              Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
              Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

After watching this trailer a couple of times (and losing my interest to see it a bit each time), I realize that those are not zombies.

They are OWS cretins. Desperate to rob the non-OWS of their hard earned money and redistribute it. That's the only conclusion I can think of, instead of being "fast" zombies.

What...not politcal enough?
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X