Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Pint John
    replied
    First shown in Berlin. Reviews have been positive. Considering the Stars in the film, it cannot be bad.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied

Um, thanks, I just wanted to know if it was any good.

Guess I'll run out and see it once my car gets out of the shop.

Leave a comment:

• unclefred
    replied
    Hopefully I left out spoilers, no gaureantee:

"This film follows the stories of six people's "souls" across time, and the stories are interleaved as they advance, showing how they all interact. It is about how the peoples' lives are connected with and influence each other.

The first storyline follows a lawyer named Adam Ewing (Jim Sturgess) in the early1800's, whose family is in the slave trade. He has been sent to the Pacific to arrange a contract for some Maori slaves with a slave trader from that area.

The second storyline follows the tragically short life of a talented young homosexual wannabe composer in the 1930's named Robert Frobisher (Ben Whishaw) who finagles himself into a position aiding an aging composer Vyvyan Ayrs (Jim Broadbent).

The third storyline is about a journalist in the 1970s named Luisa Rey (Halle Berry). She meets Rufus Sixmith in a chance encounter while being stuck on a broken elevator. Sixmith, by now is now a renowned physicist. After leaving the elevator, Sixmith later attempts to re-contact Rey and reveal that there is a conspiracy afoot to cover up a report about the flaws in the design of a nuclear power reactor.

The fourth storyline is a modern-day tale of Timothy Cavendish (Jim Broadbent), the owner of a small publishing company, who has published a small biographical book by a lowlife thug.

The fifth storyline is about Sonmi-451 (Donna Bae), a clone bred for work in a Papa's Song fast-food restaurant in Korea (now called Neo Seoul) in the far future. In this stark future, she lives in a day-to-day world, each day identical to the next, existing only to serve food to "consumers".

The sixth and final storyline is about Zachry (Tom Hanks) who is a tribesman living in a low-tech post-apocalyptic Korea, 100 years Neo Seoul has been swallowed by the sea. His people revere Sonmi, and believe her to be holy. A member of a far more advanced group of people called the Prescients, named Meronym (Halle Berry) asks to live with their tribe and Zachry's sister takes her in, their relationship grows. Zachry is harboring his own secret,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371111/synopsis

Leave a comment:

• Castro
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    From acclaimed filmmakers Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, and Andy Wachowski, the powerful and inspiring epic drama “Cloud Atlas” explores how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another throughout the past, the present and the future.

Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire
    a revolution in the distant future.
    Now we know even less what it's about

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    From acclaimed filmmakers Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, and Andy Wachowski, the powerful and inspiring epic drama “Cloud Atlas” explores how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another throughout the past, the present and the future.

Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire
    a revolution in the distant future.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    started a topic Anyone seen Cloud Atlas yet?

Anyone seen Cloud Atlas yet?

I would have gone, but the trailers said nothing at all about what it supposed to be about.
    That always makes me hesitate.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X