Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Buying Lucasfilm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...billion-384448

What to expect? A new series of Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies completely lacking the vision that Lucas had...before he went crazy and started ruining things.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

They'll probably make PG rated animated versions of Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
    The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Well, they are going to make movies with Luke, Leia and the others coming out starting in 2015. I look for a Justin Beiber type to play Luke now.

I should wait and see, but I'm always right. This acquisition will probably turn out terrible movies and be the last nail in the coffin for the Star Wars franchise (even though they'll put out about 10 movies or so).
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        Well, they are going to make movies with Luke, Leia and the others coming out starting in 2015. I look for a Justin Beiber type to play Luke now.

I should wait and see, but I'm always right. This acquisition will probably turn out terrible movies and be the last nail in the coffin for the Star Wars franchise (even though they'll put out about 10 movies or so).
        I'm very optimistic about this. Star Wars is to big a playground for the limited amount of stuff that is already done.
        I would love to see the Expanded Universe books (chiefly the Thrawn trilogy) be turned into movies but in order to do that they'll have to completley recast the main characters which is a hard act to pull off. I'm guessing Disney will do a "passing the torch" and bypass the Expanded Universe which will relegate them to non canon status much like the Star Trek novels.

I'm hearing that in order for the next movie to come out in 2015 Disney must've already had a blueprint done and that they may be really close to or already in preproduction.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Lucas already has stories for the next three after Return of the Jedi. So Disney won't use Timothy Zahn's garbage. If fact, a lot of the EU crap will be relegated to the trash bin over the next few years.

Some EU is good (mainly just the Knights of the Old Republic material). Most is not.

Yes, Disney will most likely recast all of the actors since the original are too old now for Disney's tastes (they'll use Disney teeny bopper card-board cookie-cutout actors, like a Justin Beiber or some other craptacular person like that--though I hope not).

Comment

I wouldn't blame Disney for recasting Luke, Leia and Han. they're all oldy and moldy now. Zahns books would be fun. So would some of the X Wing novels.

Comment

Shrek goes to space.
              "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Bad things happen in Threes

Basically the new Axis Powers dividing up the world between themselves.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Well Disney bought Marvel and have turned out some very good films. The last Avengers film was very good, well written, well cast and well done. The others were good too with the exception of Capt America. So they have set a precedent for doing things properly with these type of films. I'm optimistic to be honest. Lucas vision was awesome but some of his writing and direction have left a lot to be desired at times so a new approach could do some good things...

Comment

Yes, Disney will most likely recast all of the actors since the original are too old now for Disney's tastes (they'll use Disney teeny bopper card-board cookie-cutout actors, like a Justin Beiber or some other craptacular person like that--though I hope not).

Thats not what they did with the Marvel stuff. They got in top draw people.

Comment

Lucas already has stories for the next three after Return of the Jedi. So Disney won't use Timothy Zahn's garbage. If fact, a lot of the EU crap will be relegated to the trash bin over the next few years.

Some EU is good (mainly just the Knights of the Old Republic material). Most is not.
                      I could not possibly disagree with this more. Timothy Zahn is a great author, and his Thrawn trilogy is fantastic. In fact, that is what got me into the expanded universe in the first place. I think the vast majority of fans agree with me and would love to see them made into movies...which is why it won't happen!
                      Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

I should wait and see, but I'm always right.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

@copenhagen: part of the deal with Marvel was that Disney could not touch the Avenger's products. Disney had virtually no say as to their creation and execution. Spider-Man, on the other hand, was full-blown Disney. And it turned out quite like I'm fearing the new Star Wars might. I won't say that was good or bad, because this is a thread about Lucasfilm, not Spider-Man.

@Legatus: I know that there is a fanbase for Timothy Zahn. It is not the "vast majority" so don't try pulling that tired old saying out on me. I do not deny you or them any of their opinions. I, personally, dislike Zahn's style and I could not finish his books--they were terrible; I can't stomach most of the EU. I won't claim that the "vast majority" of fans agree with me, however. Because it's just my opinion, just like your statement is.

Comment

@copenhagen: part of the deal with Marvel was that Disney could not touch the Avenger's products. Disney had virtually no say as to their creation and execution. Spider-Man, on the other hand, was full-blown Disney. And it turned out quite like I'm fearing the new Star Wars might. I won't say that was good or bad, because this is a thread about Lucasfilm, not Spider-Man.

@Legatus: I know that there is a fanbase for Timothy Zahn. It is not the "vast majority" so don't try pulling that tired old saying out on me. I do not deny you or them any of their opinions. I, personally, dislike Zahn's style and I could not finish his books--they were terrible; I can't stomach most of the EU. I won't claim that the "vast majority" of fans agree with me, however. Because it's just my opinion, just like your statement is.
                            I thought Spiderman was done pretty well....
                            At the end of the day Lucas prequel trilogy apart for some of episode 3 wasn't that great and I think that had a lot ot do with him controlling it too much. Character development was pretty poor as was the plot. "He murdered a lot of children and Jedi because he had a bad dream?!" He's a great producer, not a great director. He managed to make even Liam Neeson and Ewan Mcgregor look wooden. There's a reason Empire was the best. I'm optimistic. I think they'll know they have to get it right....Admiral Thrawn is a great character or they could much darker with the Yuzhon Vong...
                            Last edited by copenhagen; 03 Nov 12, 16:52.

Comment

Marvel is a subsidary of Disney. I bet if push comes to shove that Disney can pretty much what it wants in regards to Avengers if it so chooses.
                              Sony controls the film rights to Spiderman. Neither Marvel or Disney have anything to do with those films.
                              I would argue that a majority of SW fans do want the Thrawn trilogy to be the basis of the next trilogy but imho the best we can hope for is that some of the Expanded Universe in incorporated into the new films. The EU books are about to be relegated to non canon status much like Star Trek novels.
                              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X