Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero Dark Thirty... on the cheap (Nat Geo's Seal Team Six)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Dark Thirty... on the cheap (Nat Geo's Seal Team Six)

http://weinsteinco.com/news/seal-tea...-preview-clip/

A low budget docu-drama by National Geographic "based on real events and interviews from those who knew"... yuck.

They are getting this out before Zero Dark Thirty (and straight to Netflix the day after it shows!).

I'm usually not the one to nitpick on wrong equipment and uniform... but seriously, it's the wrong equipment and uniforms. The SEALS are waaaay too small (muscular but not broad like most should be) and they only have the single NVG goggles. Seeing the trailer for ZD30, they mocked up the stealth Blackhawks... In ST6, they just used regular Blackhawks. They also seem to concentrate on Cairo, the dog, as the last scene in the trailer shows the handler lugging the cage out of the hangar.

It's like when SyFy channel makes all those cheapo knock-off Sci-Fi movies. This is like SyFy meets Animal Planet in: Whale Wars: The Hunt for Bin Laden's Dragon.

I won't get into the political aspects of it... I may only watch this to laugh at it or to purposely to get my blood up.

Gee, I wonder if they're going to do a Countdown to Disaster episode on the Bhengazi event.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunnigan View Post
      http://weinsteinco.com/news/seal-tea...-preview-clip/

A low budget docu-drama by National Geographic "based on real events and interviews from those who knew"... yuck.

They are getting this out before Zero Dark Thirty (and straight to Netflix the day after it shows!).

I'm usually not the one to nitpick on wrong equipment and uniform... but seriously, it's the wrong equipment and uniforms. The SEALS are waaaay too small (muscular but not broad like most should be) and they only have the single NVG goggles. Seeing the trailer for ZD30, they mocked up the stealth Blackhawks... In ST6, they just used regular Blackhawks. They also seem to concentrate on Cairo, the dog, as the last scene in the trailer shows the handler lugging the cage out of the hangar.

It's like when SyFy channel makes all those cheapo knock-off Sci-Fi movies. This is like SyFy meets Animal Planet in: Whale Wars: The Hunt for Bin Laden's Dragon.

I won't get into the political aspects of it... I may only watch this to laugh at it or to purposely to get my blood up.
      These documentary makers for NatGeo usually don't get very much resource. Docus like "CIA Confidential" are comedy material, pretty much, containing minimal real info, and a lot of cheap re-enactment.

NatGeo makes great archaeological and animal documentaries. I also like their Inside series. But when it comes to stuff like this, they should leave it to the Military Channel.

Comment

The Military Channel already ran one on the bin Laden raid. Then they edited it and ran it again as part of "series" on "Black Ops". Marginally better than the NatGeo version but I wouldn't spend money on it.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X