They Live-An editorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Live-An editorial

As I watched They Live Sunday morning, I got this weird feeling.
    Here it is, 2012. 24 years after the original movie. Anyone notice some of this stuff really happening? People begging for jobs. The middle-and lower class is disappearing. Only a few are 'comfortable.'
    If someone says something out of line, we're the ones busted-like the film. We're 'subversive.' I came up with a doozy of a screenplay.
    24 Years Later-The Aliens Are Back!
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    As I watched They Live Sunday morning, I got this weird feeling.
    Here it is, 2012. 24 years after the original movie. Anyone notice some of this stuff really happening? People begging for jobs. The middle-and lower class is disappearing. Only a few are 'comfortable.'
    If someone says something out of line, we're the ones busted-like the film. We're 'subversive.' I came up with a doozy of a screenplay.
    24 Years Later-The Aliens Are Back!
    Yes, they are...and they're in the White House!
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

That is one place. People in business, Wall Street, etc.

Comment

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.

I still use that line from time to time...of course no one is around when I say it
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

I used to, now I don't have to.

Comment

My favorite is "I'm going to tear your head off and s down your neck!"

Could aliens be among us? Of course they could. The average person pays literally zero attention to his surroundings, and in PC America we avoid looking at those who deserve a second look.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

There are no aliens, citizens. Return to your homes. We will send agents to your locations, to address your concerns.

There are no subliminal messages.

WAR IS PEACE,
              FREEDOM IS SLAVERY,
              IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

OBEY - OBEY - OBEY

Comment

There is a subliminal message in a Psi Corps advert in a B5 episode .

It's at 1.50 min.
                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Greatest fight scene EVER!

Comment

Roddy Piper is still alive, so if the aliens have returned, he'll just suplex their asses off the planet again.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

You bet your ass Piper is still alive. And yeah, it is the greatest fight scene.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X