Star Trek TNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
    I never watched ANY after the original 60's show, which I still watch. Nor have I any of the movies. None interest me.
    Then why are you reading and posting in a thread about Star Trek: The Next Generation and the other spin offs?
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      What are you, a temporal genius? It is an impossibility that TNG fans fail to acknowledge the Original Series as it is intertwined. For CS, there are episodes with the OS characters. You might think your post sound really good to yourself when your were typing, but it is nothing other than a lame knee-jerk post. TNG fans embrace all that is Star Trek, while some OS fans are riding on some kind of mythical high horse with some pretense that anything after OS is some kind of abomination. It is so easy that even pre-warp cultures can comprehend that, yes?

Wow did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning huh ? The Original series is the King of all tv Shows . You think yours is tops and takes the cake . Well It's good very good indeed . I even wriet my own stories with both Kirk and Picard in them and give them to friends to read. But I'm still stuck on The USS Enterprise 1701

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
        Wow did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning huh ? The Original series is the King of all tv Shows . You think yours is tops and takes the cake . Well It's good very good indeed . I even wriet my own stories with both Kirk and Picard in them and give them to friends to read. But I'm still stuck on The USS Enterprise 1701
        Too much talking and not enough fighting in OS! And when they do fight, it is really stupid! Gorn cannon? Giant crescent wrenches?

But seriously, I am a fan of all the shows. Just like to give the OS hardliners a hard time just for laughs........
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

But TNG had to have their own psychologist on board because they were so conflicted (or should I say they were so wimpy).
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
            But TNG had to have their own psychologist on board because they were so conflicted (or should I say they were so wimpy).
            Plus civilians and families on board a military vessel?

Ridiculous.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
              Plus civilians and families on board a military vessel?

Ridiculous.
              There were civilians on board in OS! Spock's parents. Ambassador Fox, Harry Mudd, Elaan of Troyus............

Counselor Troy was not a civilian, she carried the rank of L. Commander. IIRC, she outranked the doctor.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

There were civilians on board in OS! Spock's parents. Ambassador Fox, Harry Mudd, Elaan of Troyus............

True, however, they were merely being transported from one place to another. Unlike the wonder brat.

Counselor Troy was not a civilian, she carried the rank of L. Commander. IIRC, she outranked the doctor.
                No one said she was. She was however a psychologist. There to help the crew come to terms with their uselessness.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

True, but they weren't permanently aboard the TOS Enterprise.

TNG Enterprise had the families of the crew on board. Hell, they even had schools and a bar/night club.

If it had been a civilian exploration I could see it but not on a military vessel.

Then again, I think it's a stretch calling TNG Star Fleet a military force anyways...

I hated TNG.

Homer

BoRG

Comment

True, however, they were merely being transported from one place to another. Unlike the wonder brat.
                    You dare to make fun of Wesley Crusher? You stand to face the wrath of Sheldon Cooper!

No one said she was. She was however a psychologist. There to help the crew come to terms with their uselessness.
                    Come to terms with their uselessness? I am sure you did not intend to insult all our combat veterans that used that same service. You do realize that there are psychologists serving aboard US naval vessels? The addition of Deanna Troy is a reflection of a kinder and more gentle world. You overlook the time when the different series were produced. OS series were meant to have a female Captain, but the time was not right..........this has been since been righted with of all things.........VOYAGER!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

The addition of Deanna Troy is a reflection of a kinder and more gentle world. You overlook the time when the different series were produced.
                      It is also a reflection of a commanding officer that canít make a decision without getting advice from everyone in the crew and any visitors that happen to be aboard. Pickard was the singular most incompetent C.O. of all the series which is saying alot.

Comment

It is also a reflection of a commanding officer that canít make a decision without getting advice from everyone in the crew and any visitors that happen to be aboard. Pickard was the singular most incompetent C.O. of all the series which is saying alot.
                        I disagree. Janeway was the most incompetent IMHO because she always chose the good of some strange life-form over the welfare of her crew.
                        Sisko would be the next incompetent after Janeway with all his hallucinations with the Prophets and his conflict of interest with anything involving Bejorians.............not to mention anything that looked like, sounded like, smelled like or in anyway reminded him of his dead wife. And Archer with his obsession with making all goody-goody with everyone just because he was the first blah blah. AND for the record, Kirk relied heavily on the advice of Spock AND McCoy. Don't forget Kirk sobbing away when Spock reminded him that the good of the many outweighed the good of the few and the good of one, and how many time did Doc more or less had to tell Kirk to suck it up?
                        Last edited by Salinator; 30 Sep 12, 16:44.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

To be honest I could only stand to sit through 1 season of voyager and I stopped watching DS9 after the first episode since it had Piccard show up in it.
                          As for Kirk getting the advice of your senior officers is bad if you can make a decision afterward.

Comment

You dare to make fun of Wesley Crusher? You stand to face the wrath of Sheldon Cooper!
                            Not me because Wesley Crusher can take on Dr. Sheldon Cooper and his meemaw(grandmother)...now back to Star Trek.

Comment

Too much talking and not enough fighting in OS! And when they do fight, it is really stupid! Gorn cannon? Giant crescent wrenches?

But seriously, I am a fan of all the shows. Just like to give the OS hardliners a hard time just for laughs........
                              Me too I watched all of the shows . TNG, DS-9, Voyager. I even liked ( Dare I say It ) Captain Archers Enterprise NX-01 . Althought it did not last that long and it seemed his people used their best stories for the last saeson Maybe if they wrote those kind of stroies thru out the first three seasons . Thay may have lasted longer . Take us out of orbit mister Sulu . Warp two ( And Hurry )

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
                                Me too I watched all of the shows . TNG, DS-9, Voyager. I even liked ( Dare I say It ) Captain Archers Enterprise NX-01 . Althought it did not last that long and it seemed his people used their best stories for the last saeson Maybe if they wrote those kind of stroies thru out the first three seasons . Thay may have lasted longer . Take us out of orbit mister Sulu . Warp two ( And Hurry )
                                Archer's Enterprise is my favorite series after TOS.

I'm almost done with the final season now.

Season 3 sucked though...

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Working...
                                X